2008 IC CONSOLE WIRING
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CISDbusman
Advanced Member

306 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2014 :  06:13:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have a schematic for the left switch panel/console area? All the back lighting on the switches flickered about a dozen times this morning then went off. All the other switches backlighting in the lower dash and above the entrance door handle are functioning. I feel its a ground issue so I was hoping someone could point me to where the ground might be. My Supt thinned out my herd of reserves so I need this thing in and out asap.

Many thanks as always!!

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  08:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't have a schematic, but sounds very similar to a couple of buses here a while back.... I found one of those push in terminal connecters IC uses in that area(under dash panel)wires melted on one and wire(s) pulled out of it on the other... losing connection for back lights on left dash panel (those connectors kind of remind me of a scotch lock or same as they use in phone systems to hook multiple wires together) clear plastic with 8? openings and lock tabs inside to hold wires... hope this helps...
Go to Top of Page

CISDbusman
Advanced Member

306 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  3:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slippert

I don't have a schematic, but sounds very similar to a couple of buses here a while back.... I found one of those push in terminal connecters IC uses in that area(under dash panel)wires melted on one and wire(s) pulled out of it on the other... losing connection for back lights on left dash panel (those connectors kind of remind me of a scotch lock or same as they use in phone systems to hook multiple wires together) clear plastic with 8? openings and lock tabs inside to hold wires... hope this helps...

My thoughts are I will end up finding the same issue you had. Didn't want to tear out the console if the problem lied behind the dash or in the electrical panel. I'll start in on the console.

Thanks Slippert!!!

Edited by - CISDbusman on 10/16/2014 3:18:07 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000