Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 air dryer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rpeterson14

6 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2014 :  11:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit rpeterson14's Homepage  Reply with Quote
good after noon i'm haveing trouble with a air dryer purgeing all the time can you help me out it's a dt 466 2010 . i already change the gorvnor.on fix Help. thank you.

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2014 :  11:30:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check for air leaks. Our 2010s are notorious for leaks at the fan clutch and the 90 degree fittings going into the governor. If it has shutters, check the actuator. Basically any air line, check for leaks.
Go to Top of Page

57fan

United States
148 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  9:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What air dryer are you referring to? The governor regulates when the air dryer purges based on air pressure in the wet tank. When the wet tank pressure drops the governor will kick in the compressor and allow air to build. When air is built up to the cut out pressure the the governor shuts off the compressor and send signal pressure to the dryer to "purge" the desiccant cartridge. The dryer continues to empty all the air in the dryer only. Once the governor cut in pressure is seen again from the wet tank the process starts all over again. So with this being said, look for a air leak coming off the wet tank unless all the air tanks are dropping at the same time. IC likes to put the air supply for the air cluck on the fan hub off the wet tank or near the governor. On there 2005 RE buses they tapped into air supply from wet tank to governor. So if you had an air leak in the fan hub it would drain the wet tank quickly. We had one bus that cycled every 45 seconds. ended up replacing the horton fan hub and problem went away....

Lead, Follow or get out of the way! Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000