Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2007 IC RE inline 6 low power on interstate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2014 :  12:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
drivers complain about bus slowing to 30mph on grades while on freeway. no engine light at all but pulled a DTC 2372 SPN 94 FMI 1 fault code out of it. Cranked it with laptop hooked up and fuel pressure was in spec of 40-80psi while at low idle. havent checked it at high idle or under load. Had a former IH tech tell me the 2007 models had issues with lift pumps going out..he said he has seen them running with 0 psi and would continue to run until the filters were changed and it lost the gravity feed of fuel. any ideas? I hate to replace the lift pump just to replace it. I plan on checking the filter and screen in the next week.

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2014 :  12:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lift pump on a 466? Have you checked the turbo and did a actuator bounce test? We have turbos sticking quite often on our 2006-2007 dt's
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2014 :  9:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haven't checked turbo yet just was focused on the low fuel pressure code.
Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2014 :  04:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fuel pressure regulator in the bottom of the filter bowl has fixed 95% of my fuel codes. The fuel filter light is coming on?
Go to Top of Page

Farmridge

51 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2014 :  12:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be thinking fuel screen or turbo.

If you can't handle the answer, don't ask the question
Go to Top of Page

Farmridge

51 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  03:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check the fuel tank vent hose as well.

If you can't handle the answer, don't ask the question
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  03:50:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
for giggles change out fuel filter. we used aftermasrket filter and were restricting flow. changed them out and no more problems.. hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  07:15:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the input. No fuel lights on at all. Had a driver drive me down the freeway while I watched the fuel pressure on the laptop. the bus truggled to pull grades and fuel pressure would dip down to 17psi and it harldy ever reached past 45psi unless we were going down a hill. when I get it back in the shop and working on it I will update. Thanks again, feeling overwhelmed got lots to do this summer!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000