Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 94 GMC Issues (Old Post)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mohavewolfpup

3 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2014 :  06:27:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit mohavewolfpup's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I'm back again, been so insanely busy.

Finally landed myself a diesel of my own, 1985 Ford F350 dually crew cab with the 6.9, so that's been taking up my time some.

Anyway, I had posted about this a while back: http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23607

Currently it's dumped on the property where it used to drive from, the driver is paranoid it will leave her in a ditch. Oil pressure just bottomed out on it. Some mechanic in the area took a peek at it, couldn't find anything. Supposedly? It sits but is driven around on the 5 acres.

I used 10w40 rotella in it, then switched to 5w40 rotella (synthetic) for the winter so it had easier starts. The driver would idle the piss out of it at the adoption site, around the property, and it really really thickened up the oil bad.

I've never seen tar before.... Many hours with a heat gun on the crank case then dumped a bunch of the 5w40 in and it fired up with no issues. Drove it around, dumped, then refilled with fresh oil and off it went.

Really has me stumped. Can't find anything online, and what I do find, it sounds like it should have died before it was parked. It probably had around 2-3k? put on it before the driver got so jittery and went back to her beater van.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well here! To partsman_ba, my apologies for not responding for over two years now. Soooo much has been going on!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000