Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Blue Bird Factory Training
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2014 :  06:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure if this is the correct place for this post, but has anyone ever been to Blue Bird Factory Training in Fort Valley for the Visions? I am scheduled to go in July, but would like to know what to expect. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

wrench slinger

38 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2014 :  11:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
went a few years back was not impressed,the best thing was the factory tour where they took you thru start to finsh on building a bus. It might have changed since i was there
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2014 :  05:47:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never been to a factory training but our dealer does a fantastic job of training techs. I would assume that most dealers have some sort of training like this. You might want to check into it.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2014 :  07:04:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the input. I am looking forward to doing the factory tour to see a closer view of where and how things are put into place, mainly wiring.

I have been to training offered by my local dealer and it was very good. I think it was 3 days of multiplex training and 1 day of Cummins aftertreatment system training. Pretty intense stuff, but well worth it.
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2014 :  05:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been to several BB training seminars. They used to gather up a dealer and a few techs from local school districts and have them locally. You will get schematics, and a wealth of literature to help out in the future. I need to sneak into a few as I do still fix buses on the side. :)

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2014 :  05:27:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see you Wolf! Tell us how things have been.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2014 :  09:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well as you guys know I went to work for an independent garage. Getting my share of the Powerstrokes and Cummins. Ugh the injectors and ball joints! 80% of my work is the 3/4 ton truck market. No sitting at the desk for me anymore. I may work my way into one of the local auto dealerships in the big city. Actually I am out pounding the pavement in my interview garb today. LOL

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2014 :  12:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, looks as if things are moving anyway. lol Good luck!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2014 :  4:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wolf.
I don't know your situation but here is an option.
Bobby’s Truck And Bus Repair continues to grow and is adding the following positions:

Med/Heavy Duty Mechanic-Toledo, Ohio
Immediate position is open for a service oriented bus dealership and repair business in Toledo, Ohio. A good candidate will have a minimum 3 years mechanical experience and/or education. Bus experience is desirable but not required. Candidate must also have own tools, a CDL or willing to obtain, and a desire to learn. Competitive wages, benefits, day hours ...and weekends off. Start or continue your career with a growing company! To apply, mail resumes Attn: Director of Administration 2485 W. State St. Fremont, Ohio 43420 or email to:tera@bobbystruckandbusrepair.com.

Med/Heavy Duty Mechanic- Fremont, Ohio
Immediate position is open for a service oriented bus dealership and repair business in Fremont, Ohio. A good candidate will have a minimum 3 years mechanical experience and/or education. Bus experience is desirable but not required. Candidate must also have own tools, a CDL or willing to obtain, and a desire to learn. Competitive wages, benefits, day hours ...and weekends off. Start or continue your career with a growing company! To apply, mail resumes Attn: Director of Administration 2485 W. State St. Fremont, Ohio 43420 or email to:tera@bobbystruckandbusrepair.com.

Secretarial/Administrative Assistant- Fremont, Ohio
Position is available for a Secretarial/Administrative Assistant at a growing service oriented bus dealership and repair business in Fremont, Ohio. A good candidate will have a minimal 3 years previous office experience and or education. Skills required but not limited to knowledge in Quickbooks and Word, basic accounting, and overall positive customer service. Candidate should be very well organized, detail oriented, able to work in a fast paced and busy environment, and willing to learn. Competitive wages with day hours and weekends off. Start or continue your career with a growing company! To apply, mail resumes Attn: Director of Administration 2485 W. State St. Fremont, Ohio 43420 or email to:tera@bobbystruckandbusrepair.com
Go to Top of Page

Kid Grimy

12 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2014 :  1:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to the "factory training" a few years back and was not impressed. They had the training setup in one of the rental rooms in the hotel where we stayed. No books until the last day, all slide shows, no practical training. The factory tour was on the last day and it was much like all of the other bus building factories.

Now the factory training for IC in Oklahoma was fantastic. Top of the line factory tour with history behind it was the coolest I've seen.

Kid Grimy
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2014 :  1:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info everyone. I am scheduled to go, so I will be attending, but even after talking to my Blue Bird rep, I didn't feel anymore thrilled about it. He didn't make it seem as if it was one of the funnest things in the world. I will however, be going into it with an open mind and positive attitude, so as to get the most out of it. We have talked about the IC factory before, but our last buses came from Blue Bird, so that is why we have elected to go with their factory training at this time.
Go to Top of Page

Augroups

17 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2014 :  09:08:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If pictures are allowed to be taken, please take some and share some of them with the rest of us. e.g. The topology of the wire harness, new instrument panels, etc.
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2014 :  09:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will definitely try to do that!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000