Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2008 CE200 Lift bus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  11:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a lift bus with a parking brake safety feature. To release the parking brake you press down on the brake pedal and then release the parking brake.

Problem is, the parking brake won't release when you push down on the brake pedal. There is an air solenoid on the fire wall that allows air to flow to the safety feature valves which are also on the fire wall (see pic below). The air solenoid has power to it and I manually grounded it and it works fine, for some reason it's not going to ground when you push the brake pedal. I've traced the ground wire to a harness connector that goes through the fire wall, and from there who knows where it goes.

I've replaced the air solenoid, replaced all the switches on the foot valve, replaced the ESC (supposedly it goes through the ESC according to International) and the problem remains. I've looked on ISIS for a schematic for this with no luck. This is the first time I've come across this. I'm hoping you seasoned vets can shed a little light on this subject. Thanks in advance.

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  12:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Make sure all the switches on the lift door are functioning. On my CE the brake won't re;ease if the lift door is open.

A faulty switch?
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  12:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ahhh didn't think about that, makes sense.
quote:
Originally posted by second.flood

Make sure all the switches on the lift door are functioning. On my CE the brake won't re;ease if the lift door is open.

A faulty switch?

Go to Top of Page

Winn10

49 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2014 :  07:33:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Winn10's Homepage  Reply with Quote
definitely check lift door switch. if that's not it, the air T fitting(top arrow) has a check ball in it that can stick and not send air to the switch(bottom arrow).
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2014 :  08:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Door switch fixed it! Thanks for the help guys.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000