Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 change engine oil message 2012 IC CE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  05:14:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been trying to figure out how to reset the change engine oil message and cant figure it out. The manual is no help. I can get the cursor down beside the message but cant get it to clear.

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  05:36:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a way to go in with the software and stop the buses computer from tracking PM mileage. Bustech II will be along next week and can give the exact method.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  09:41:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From Iknow: 1) Set park brake 2) Turn the key on 3) Turn the cruise on 4) Turn the cruise off 5) Turn the cruise on 6) Very rapidly push the resume switch four times and then hold down on the fifth time for four seconds. 7)The "change oil" message should clear from the odometer window. 8) The operation from the time the cruise is turned on for the second time to the fifth activation of the resume switch must take place within six second. If you fail to reset the message then repeat the process.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bus a groove

70 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  12:05:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you Bwest. I was wondering the same thing. It worked the first try. I cut out your reply and taped it to my inspection clip board.

Do you have info on the change transmission filter message. I had my message on so long after changing the filter the second time that it set a Allison trouble code that I didnt have the ability to read. It was at the trans shop for 2 weeks before they realized that is all it was
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

From Iknow: 1) Set park brake 2) Turn the key on 3) Turn the cruise on 4) Turn the cruise off 5) Turn the cruise on 6) Very rapidly push the resume switch four times and then hold down on the fifth time for four seconds. 7)The "change oil" message should clear from the odometer window. 8) The operation from the time the cruise is turned on for the second time to the fifth activation of the resume switch must take place within six second. If you fail to reset the message then repeat the process.

Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  12:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The TRANS SERVICE indicator can be reset with the Allison DOC® ForPC–Service Tool. It may also be reset by selecting
N-D-N-D-N-R-N on the shift selector, pausing briefly (less than 3 seconds) between each selector movement, with the ignition on and the engine not running.

If the above reset does not work, you will need to program the TCM to accept the reset. To do this you will need to follow the key on engine off proceedure and shift -D-N-R-N-D-N-R-N-D-N-R-N This will allow the TCM to accept the above reset command.
Go to Top of Page

bus a groove

70 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  2:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for that I will save this as well.
quote:
Originally posted by second.flood

The TRANS SERVICE indicator can be reset with the Allison DOC® ForPC–Service Tool. It may also be reset by selecting
N-D-N-D-N-R-N on the shift selector, pausing briefly (less than 3 seconds) between each selector movement, with the ignition on and the engine not running.

If the above reset does not work, you will need to program the TCM to accept the reset. To do this you will need to follow the key on engine off proceedure and shift -D-N-R-N-D-N-R-N-D-N-R-N This will allow the TCM to accept the above reset command.

Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2014 :  04:44:22 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by second.flood

[/quote)

That reset above is for oil service interval... correct? for the filter you have to do....N-R-N-R-N-D-N

filter service on mine flags around 50,000 and trans oil at 100,000

Edited by - slippert on 04/17/2014 04:47:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

RidgeLine

29 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2014 :  07:42:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit RidgeLine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an 07 CE 200 and the procedure to turn of the oil change message is not working.
Go to Top of Page

RidgeLine

29 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2014 :  07:52:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit RidgeLine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maxxforce service tool says it's a Maxxforce 7 2010-2012 emission
Go to Top of Page

RidgeLine

29 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2014 :  09:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit RidgeLine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After 40,000 tries, now it works.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000