Child Reminder System Shutting itself off
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Troy87

United States
52 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2014 :  05:09:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 2006 INTL CE200 with the child reminder system integrated in the emergency door handle. (turn off bus, key to acc., lift handle). We shut off the bus and turn key to acc. the alarm begins to sound. By the time you get half way to the back of the bus, the system shuts itself off....everytime. Why? any ideas out there would be appreciated.

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  04:27:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IKnow article on that:

Title: Post Trip inspection Automatically Disarming on CE / BE Bus Equipped with Hydraulic Brakes

Applies To: BE and CE Bus with Hydraulic Brakes

DESCRIPTION

CE & BE buses equipped with Post Trip Inspection (Feature Code: 0047MAH or 0047MYZ) and Wabco Full Power Hydraulic Brakes, if the brake ECU is replaced or reprogrammed to software version HEBB0002, HEBB0005, this software update can result in the Post Trip Inspection system not disarming properly.

Normal operation of the Post Trip Inspection system requires the operator to place the key in accessory position, walk to the rear of the bus, and disarm the system by opening the emergency exit door or by depressing an optional pushbutton. On units experiencing the issue described above, after turning the key OFF, the system timer is “triggered” for a brief period with an audible alarm sounding in the cluster, and then automatically disarms without requiring interaction from the operator.

NOTE:

DOES NOT apply to buses equipped with other post trip systems such as Child Reminder System (CRS – Feature Code: 0047BGR, 047DXR, or 0047MZP) or Child Check Mate. DOES NOT apply to buses equipped with air brakes.

PROCEDURE
1.Connect to the vehicle using Diamond Logic Builder and reprogram the body controller to Data Version 88 or newer.
2.Test the Post Trip Inspection system to verify it is fully operational. Note: The red pupil warning lights and front service door must be opened to “arm” the Post Trip Inspection system.
Go to Top of Page

Troy87

United States
52 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2014 :  11:56:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have someone coming next week to reprogram the computer, we will update the results of that to you guys when it is done.
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2014 :  7:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Unbelievable how EVERYTHING goes through a computer......

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

Troy87

United States
52 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2014 :  09:09:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, totally forgot about this, have been real busy.... The fix for this was a computer programming issue. Re-Programmed and now working fine.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2014 :  11:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if these systems can be deleted so I can put my own system on there? I use something called Homebound and these little jewels seldom give me trouble. Here's the link, I use the second one with the option to disarm while the engine cools down. http://www.bmr-mfg.ca/newsite/Pages/homebound.html

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2014 :  11:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can program the IC units off.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2014 :  12:41:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by second.flood

You can program the IC units off.

Thanks

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000