Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Jasper engine warranty?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mike9

19 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  09:27:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit mike9's Homepage  Reply with Quote
installed a Jasper long block in bus,around 3,000 miles bolts from front cover backed out,thus eating timing gears a/compressor housing,I feel they should cover all damage on this because it is clear that the bolts were not torqed down,they agree also but just want to pay shop 27 hours,whitch will still cost the distictaround 3 grand, what is your opinion?

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  06:26:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fine print, look at the fine print. Most superintendents are versed enough in law to look at the warranty and give you some guidance. I would say Jasper is probably following their warranty but it still stinks. Just look it over close so you know the facts.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  05:46:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jasper usually wants to pay an unrealistic hourly rate to make repairs. I would tell the Jasper warranty representative that you would like him to find a shop locally that will do the repaiirs for the rate he is offering. Had a similar situation a few years ago. Good luck

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  06:29:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just tell them you are talking about it on this forum and there will be a lot of people monitoring what the result of you plight is. That should build a fire under him.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Crown

89 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2014 :  07:39:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the business of fleet maintenance, fine print only means "fool me once". Ongoing customer service and especially cost effectiveness, are the things that matter. We tried repeatedly with different types of engines, cordial dialog, and patience. Good luck with your engine.

In dismal fairness, it's becoming nearly impossible to find anyone that can do consistently high quality engine work and provide good warranty support. After a hiatus of well over 10 years, we've now gone back to doing our in-frame rebuilds ourselves and using mostly only OEM parts.

Go to Top of Page

bus a groove

70 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2014 :  07:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I choose another brand reman engine over Jasper because of this forum and I let my Jasper salesman know why I made my choice. Which was because of the warranty issues I read on here.
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

Just tell them you are talking about it on this forum and there will be a lot of people monitoring what the result of you plight is. That should build a fire under him.

Go to Top of Page

mike9

19 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2014 :  05:41:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit mike9's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still have not gotten warranty issue resolved,thanks for the input!
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2014 :  07:10:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate that. Man what a pain!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000