Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 need more power
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pmorris

36 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2013 :  12:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit pmorris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
does any of you guys know if they make a programer like they do for pickups?

christitzer

United States
2 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2013 :  4:02:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit christitzer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try www.diesel-up.com
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2013 :  01:04:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What engine and what is your current HP? Most engines can be turned up to 250 via laptop with the right software. Keep in mind what tranns you have, it may not be able to tolerate more power!
Go to Top of Page

pmorris

36 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2013 :  12:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit pmorris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The engine is a 3126 cat in a freightliner. I have a SCT programer for my pickup and u cane go from mild to wild from the same box. Almost forgot the cat is like 190 hp not much for pulling hills.
Go to Top of Page

CharlieFoxtrot

9 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2013 :  1:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit CharlieFoxtrot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What year is it? I had some ~2000 Ford F750s with Cats that were underporwered. I don't remember the rating. The Cat dealer was able to reprogram them to add a bunch of torque but not much HP. Adding HP would have required new turbo, etc. ANyway, my drivers were very happy with the change. As Thomasbus24 mentions, Cat said I first had to check with Allison to make sure my transmissions would be OK with the change before they would do it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000