New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2001 :  4:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two school bus drivers in Albany, N.Y., have been charged with endangering the welfare of a child after allegedly paying a kindergartner $5 to provide them with a urine sample.
One of the drivers, Kimberly Holsapple, reportedly substituted the boy's urine for her own during a drug screening. She apparently believed she would fail because she had recently used marijuana.

The other driver charged in the scheme is Tanya Humbert. Both drivers were fired by their employer, Stock Transportation, based in Aurora, Ontario. Stock is in its second year of a five-year transportation contract with Albany City School District.

The drivers reportedly were caught on the bus' videotape system discussing how they would keep the urine warm until the drug test was performed.

pochi

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2001 :  5:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im in favor for drug testing because we are caring preciuos cargo. this realy discuses me.i am glad they got caught. being a busdriver its a big responsibilty. would you want some one driving your child being drugs in the system? not me

Go to Top of Page

pochi

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2001 :  3:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no im not blaming just you but there are alot of private companies out there ware ever that dont check out the people they hire.i go threw alot of testing also

Go to Top of Page

mousemeat

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2001 :  5:49:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I assume their names are dumb and dumber. First they try to pass off a child's sample, then talk in front of the running camera. I am sure glad they got caught. Anyone who does drugs should not be driving, much less a school bus.

Carrie Fox
Go to Top of Page

Stevebus42
Advanced Member

USA
363 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2001 :  05:36:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a strong supporter of drug testing. If you are going to drive a school bus you should be required to meet the standards. There is not enough radom testing going on as it is. The main reason is that it cost to much to do. So it is only done when a legal requirement exsist.
In my own state of Oklahoma one district lost it bid to test students who went out for extra cacricular activities i.e. Sports and even chior or band.

The last time I checked it was against the law to smoke M.J.

Go to Top of Page

MrBusDriver

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2001 :  08:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit MrBusDriver's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

We just went through another random test and the safeguards they have to have in place to make sure that it is "your" sample is amazing. I even asked the woman administering the test, "Do people actually think they can get away with this?" She said, "Yes they do." Now there is a temperature sensor on the container, along with them having to use blue dye so you don't get rid of any evidence and she said they are even starting to have people empty their pockets before they go in for the test. She said if it gets down to strip searching people she won't do it anymore! But why do they even want to be school bus drivers if they have this kind of problem? They should realize that these tests are going to be done!

When we go out to the local hospital for our tests, we have to empty our pockets, wash our hands with some chemical and they turn off a switch outside the little bathroom which kills the water so the toilet won't flush and the sink doesn't work until you come back out. There is NO trash can in the bathroom either. The container, like you said, has a temperature gauge on the side and it is put into TWO containers which both are sealed in front of me with a seal that I had to sign certifying it is mine. They are sent to TWO labs and both have to come back negative. Once the bottles are sealed they turn the water back on and you can wash your hands, etc... It's amazing the precautions that have become necessary!!

Mr Bus Driver
Go to Top of Page

KrazeeGoose

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2001 :  1:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to one place similar to where Mr Busdriver went. In addition, they wouldn't let me shut the door when giving my sample. No one could see, but still.....Trust me. I wasn't going to get away with anything!!!!

Thomas/Freightliner 25: