2-piece entrance door on International IC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2002 :  6:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Today I received a the latest copy of School Transportation News (STN).

On page 10, there is a picture of an International IC with a black entrance door. I examined it carefully for a couple minutes, and it appears that there are only 2-pieces of glass (like the new Thomas door), not 4-pieces.

I thought International made the entrance door with 4-pieces of glass instead of 2. Any thoughts or feedback from any of you regarding this??

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2002 :  7:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That is cool, are you sure it is not possibly like Blue Birds, where it is painted black and looks like two piece, and just not showing up in the picture.

Soemone who has one of these new doors, please let us know.

In rememberance of the best conventional ever produced- A Thomas Built Buses Body on an International Chassis.
Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2002 :  08:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bob,

What is the contact phone number for me to call to subscribe to STN? I would be interested in subscribing to it. Also, what does it cost annualy?

Ryan

Ryan Lane
NewBeetleBugBlue2000@yahoo.com
www.plain.lib.oh.us/PCPLPizzaPirates.htm
Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2002 :  08:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Today I received a the latest copy of School Transportation News (STN).

On page 10, there is a picture of an International IC with a black entrance door. I examined it carefully for a couple minutes, and it appears that there are only 2-pieces of glass (like the new Thomas door), not 4-pieces.

I thought International made the entrance door with 4-pieces of glass instead of 2. Any thoughts or feedback from any of you regarding this??

Bob,

I think our FE's have the same same. Tonight, if can in about 2 hours and 20 minutes, I'll check our 2002 International FE to see. I'll post something on here the next time I'm online. Are you talking about just 2 windows instead of 4 in the entrance doors?

Ryan Lane
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2002 :  4:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
That is cool, are you sure it is not possibly like Blue Birds, where it is painted black and looks like two piece, and just not showing up in the picture.

Hi 86_a,

You made a good point, which I actually thought of last night after I had posted this topic on here. I read your post this morning while I was at school, and figured I would look into it again when I got home.

I examined the picture again, really, really closely. I think that the quality of the picture, and maybe the angle of which the photo was taken, wasn't a good one. Plus, it wasn't a close shot of the entrance door. It was kind of far away.

As I was looking at the picture again, I think what I saw was the 4-piece glass entrance door that they have now (similar to Blue Bird's door, NOT Thomas's new door). I think the black entrance door made it really, really hard to see that it was a 4-piece glass entrance door instead of a 2-piece glass entrance door, which I orginally thought it was.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize if I was wrong about this statement that I made. I was really convinced that it was a 2-piece glass door. But, I think it is a 4-piece. As I said, between the picture being far away from the door, the angle of the picture, and the black door itself, it kind of looks like a 2-piece, unless you examine it up close. Again, I apologize deeply for this misunderstanding that I had and passed on to all of you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ryan,

For information in regards to subscribing to STN, go to STN's website for more information. You can access their site by clicking on this link: www.stnonline.com .

Hope that helps you out.

By the way, please check on those doors on your 2002 FE's. Are they black or yellow entrance doors?? Do they happen to be only 2-piece glass doors, or are they 4-piece glass doors, like they have always been??

(As far as I know, Thomas is the only school bus manufacturer to offer a 2-piece glass door at this point in time.)

Edited by - B. Busguy33 on 03/13/2002 6:59:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

INTERNATIONAL_74

94 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2002 :  5:04:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit INTERNATIONAL_74's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have two International ICs. They are equipped with the black doors. They have a black bar running in the middle of the doors, similar to Blue Bird. They seem to be 4 piece.

Tssssssss. (Air Brake Hiss)
Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2002 :  03:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you get a yellow door on the new IC?

"What can your bus do?"
Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2002 :  06:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bob,

When I went to www.stnonline.com and I went to get information to subscribe...it told me the page is under construction. Is there a phone number I can call to get a hold of School Transportation News so I can get me a subscription to the magazine. By the way, how many good pictures does it have of school buses?

Ryan Lane
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2002 :  4:13:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi Bus Boy,

Yes, you can get either a yellow or black, inward or outward opening entrance door on the International IC, as well as the FE and RE.

Hope this helps.

quote:
Bob,

When I went to www.stnonline.com and I went to get information to subscribe...it told me the page is under construction. Is there a phone number I can call to get a hold of School Transportation News so I can get me a subscription to the magazine. By the way, how many good pictures does it have of school buses?

Hi Ryan,

I will e-mail you all the necessary information you need in order to subscribe to STN.

Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2002 :  6:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The new door on the IC and all the other types International bus has, can come in black or yellow!
This new door makes the Amtran/Inter. bus look much more modern now!
I think they copied from Thomas.

Go to Top of Page

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2002 :  8:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The standard door is black, outward opening.
Joe

Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2002 :  09:16:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Hi Bus Boy,

Yes, you can get either a yellow or black, inward or outward opening entrance door on the International IC, as well as the FE and RE.

Hope this helps.

quote:
Bob,

Hi Ryan,

I will e-mail you all the necessary information you need in order to subscribe to STN.

Hi Bob. Thanks for sending me all the necessary information regarding STN. I looked at our 2002 International FE, and I apologize. I told you wrong. We have 4 windows in the 2 doors--outward opening. I thought it just had two but I approached that bus before I got on '88 International Thomas Built and I when I looked at the 4 windows, I felt bad I told you wrong.

Ryan Lane
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2002 :  10:23:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I looked at our 2002 International FE, and I apologize. I told you wrong. We have 4 windows in the 2 doors--outward opening. I thought it just had two but I approached that bus before I got on '88 International Thomas Built and I when I looked at the 4 windows, I felt bad I told you wrong.

Hi Ryan,

Not a problem. Don't worry about it. I was actually the one to bring up this topic because I saw a picture of an International IC in a school bus magazine that had a black, outward opening door (which is the standard entrance door, as Joe mentioned above). I apologize for not realizing it was a 4-piece and not a 2-piece until I had checked the picture again, really carefully.

However, because it was a black door, you can't really see the "bar" or divider that splits up the glass into 2 sections on each part of the entrance door. Therefore, it looked like a 2-piece glass entrance door rather than a 4-piece glass door. I apologize once again for my misunderstanding.

Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2002 :  06:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
I looked at our 2002 International FE, and I apologize. I told you wrong. We have 4 windows in the 2 doors--outward opening. I thought it just had two but I approached that bus before I got on '88 International Thomas Built and I when I looked at the 4 windows, I felt bad I told you wrong.

Hi Ryan,

Not a problem. Don't worry about it. I was actually the one to bring up this topic because I saw a picture of an International IC in a school bus magazine that had a black, outward opening door (which is the standard entrance door, as Joe mentioned above). I apologize for not realizing it was a 4-piece and not a 2-piece until I had checked the picture again, really carefully.

However, because it was a black door, you can't really see the "bar" or divider that splits up the glass into 2 sections on each part of the entrance door. Therefore, it looked like a 2-piece glass entrance door rather than a 4-piece glass door. I apologize once again for my misunderstanding.

That's fine, but on our FE, it is a yellow door.

Ryan Lane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000