General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 Best Bus for the road
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tspencer

4 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  4:08:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tspencer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello guys!
I was hoping you could help me. I am working on something and I am looking to purchase a bus for our district. This will be a school bus however it will be on the highway 80% of the time. I need to know and I am sure that this will be very subjective (in hopes you could provide objective information) what is the best bus to have out there on the road when talking traveling down the highway for long periods of time. This is as far as reliability, durability, and comfort. I would like to know which body (IC, thomas, etc) and whether type C, D...... One thing that comes to mind for myself is how on the IC CE they have air ride suspension which really absorbs a lot of the ride but I noticed on a BB Vision the ride is still rough. Also is there anything I can add or spec to make the ride better for our students and parents? Are electrical outlets an option? Please let me know why you feel the way you feel! Thanks!

spin76

26 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  4:42:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit spin76's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure where you are located but if you are in the northern area of the country, I would love to hear a review on the Lion Bus. Personally, I like BB All American RE. It's a comfortable bus and good looking too. Make sure you get the underbody storage too!
Go to Top of Page

RichBusman
Advanced Member

453 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  4:57:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are your passenger capacity requirements?

How much luggage will passengers have? There are underfloor luggage compartments offered by manufacturers as well as overhead interior luggage (if allowed by your state).

Do you want school bus bench seats or school bus activity seats which are more comfortable?

What kind of terrain are you in?

How many miles a year?

Do you need A/C?

And most importantly... what's your budget?
Go to Top of Page

Tspencer

4 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  4:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tspencer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Located in the Midwest chicagoland area
Go to Top of Page

Tspencer

4 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  5:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tspencer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichBusman

What are your passenger capacity requirements?

How much luggage will passengers have? There are underfloor luggage compartments offered by manufacturers as well as overhead interior luggage (if allowed by your state).

Do you want school bus bench seats or school bus activity seats which are more comfortable?

What kind of terrain are you in?

How many miles a year?

Do you need A/C?

And most importantly... what's your budget?

We are looking into activity style seats in addition to more leg room which takes away the capacity of the bus. It will have ac also and as far as budget we are looking to pay what is necessary for a good bus!
Go to Top of Page

cook-illinois

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  10:54:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit cook-illinois's Homepage  Reply with Quote
tspencer do you have a email address?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000