Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Electronic CAT horsepower increase
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

matts4290
Advanced Member

224 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2013 :  08:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit matts4290's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im looking to turn up the horsepower in my 99' GMC CV200 with a CAT 3126. It has an AT545 but I plan to eventually upgrade it to an MT643 or 653 or a manual trans, but I'd rather just go for the MT. Currently it is set at 175 HP.

Is there anyway to turn up the horsepower without going to the CAT dealer and spending $500? Is it dealer specific software and override codes?

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2013 :  08:19:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone with CAT ET has to flash your ecu.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

offroadwolf1

33 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2013 :  10:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will need someone with CAT ET, access to the sis website, and ECM recal tool. Then its still going to run you about 250 bucks to CAT. They charge you for a horse power increase, derate is free.
Go to Top of Page

bus a groove

70 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2013 :  4:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To do it without paying is extremely hard. Pretty much you have to have a good friend that works for the dealer. I was a field mechanic for Caterpillar and we couldn't even turn up our service truck with out a dealer supplied password from Cat. You basically pay for the password. Although if I remember right $500 sounds like a cheap price I want to say I thought it was around $1000
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000