Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 IHC 3800,444E DTC help needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tractor3@shaw.ca

4 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  7:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tractor3@shaw.ca's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2004 444E that has a trouble code that says: 525,injector driver circuit fault
" M ". I can't find any info in IHC literature or on ISIS as to what "M" means. Can anyone help please.

jr4wdman

13 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  6:28:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit jr4wdman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If I remember correctly that is the power side (transformer) of the IDM or FICM. If the transformer is dieing it will start dropping voltage supply to actuate the injectors. On a 6.0 it is supposed to put out 48vdc. IH hasn't released a minimum voltage that I'm aware of, that number is from Ford info about the 6.0. Volt drop the power and grounds for the IDM/FICM. IH had a lot of trouble with poor ECM power fuse connectors in the battery box, I've seen many melted 40 amp fuses with a no start. We've been replacing the fuse and holder with a maxi fuse and holder of the same rating, the ones we're using provide much higher pin drag on the fuse spade terminals and still have a rubber cover.

If they are ok and the code returns after clearing then replace the IDM or FICM complete. IH doesn't provide a PID to check the voltage, Ford's IDS does. We have some 6.0's that are running on 36-40vdc and seem ok, I can't confirm whether any or all of them are presenting a 525 code at the same time.

We test for voltage at the injector by back probing, carefull 48vdc can be very dangerous. We make all connections with engine off.

Good Luck
Go to Top of Page

ramboramjohn

2 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2013 :  4:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit ramboramjohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi I have 2000 international truck that has DT466E and i am having trouble with these codes

I changed the entire accerlater pedal with new sensor and when i started the truck it took about 2 mins and then the codes came back.
Please help any one who knows how to fix this codes i will like to know please please help 770=734=6460
Rambo
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  12:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not sure I'm supposed to reply to a hijacked thread, but rambo:

Check the neutral safety switch wiring. It is part of the APS system, and I had one that had rubbed through the insulation at the neutral safety switch and threw codes and severely limited acceleration.
Go to Top of Page

ramboramjohn

2 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  05:44:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit ramboramjohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mr Eddo can i ask u to please tell me where to find the Netural safety switch.

My truck is a stick it has 7 speed gear box.

Thank for info Eddo
Sorry i am late but i am just frustrated over spending so much time on this truck.
Mr Eddo thank's again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000