Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 STC FITTING
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ricky g

46 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2013 :  04:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit ricky g's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning , about to tackle a STC FITTING on a 2006 e350 6.0 litre diesel engine school bus van , any tips , pointers , would greatly be appreciated , Thank you

sob

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2013 :  05:03:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
STC fitting, is that on the high pressure oil lines ?
Go to Top of Page

ricky g

46 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2013 :  07:31:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit ricky g's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its part of the high pressure oil pump at the rear of the engine in the V , turbo has to be removed to access it , Ive done it on a big bus IC with a 365 [same engine] but never in a e350 van
Go to Top of Page

sob

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2013 :  08:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm no help on this one.. Sorry.
Go to Top of Page

meanmechanic01

31 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2013 :  11:01:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit meanmechanic01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One thing i got, is the plate you have to unbolt to get to the pump(in the valley of the "V") you need to spray penetrant all over it and crack it loose without cracking the plate. its a bit tricky considering its a thin plate and you need to crack it loose all around and also the top base of the pump! its a cheap part and they also sell it at just about any ford dealer so no worries :)
Go to Top of Page

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  1:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would use a good 6 point wrench to get the bolts under the egr cooler .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000