Bus Stop Lifespan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bentley

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  04:52:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are wondering how long to continue a bus stop when there is no student using the stop? In some cases bus stops are established on side roads and it cost time and money to continue to mke the stop when a student is no longer riding. It seems like the minute we remove the stop, the parent calls upset because their child was not picked up after having not ridden in several weeks or months. How do others handle this issue?

BoomSwagga

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  6:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it's costing both time and money and the student rarely goes to the stop, I'd contact the parent first and ask them if they have another transportation alternative other than the bus. Explaining the dynamics of how bus stops are put in place would help too. If they're not budging, then I wouldn't remove it, because some parents will go to great lengths to make a scene and ruin the reputations of districts and their transportation depts.

Wolverine vs The Vision
Ouch! :D
Go to Top of Page

Trailboss

United States
196 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  04:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would stop going after a week and let the parents call to make arrangments. If they are only rideing occasionaly then I would leave it up to them to call the Transportation Dept. on days they are going to ride and they have to call before a set time. That way it puts the burden on them to call. Most of the time they will start ridding or they just go ahead of take the rider because they do no want to call. But this switches the inconvience onto them.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000