Enter Forum: Buy, Sell or Browse
 Carpenter Chancellor RE on Ebay
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RD9000

72 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  3:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/great-bus-57-000-miles-/160974970455?pt=Buses&hash=item257adb1e57#v4-41

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the lone Carpenter Chancellor RE. It's good to see that it is still in good shape. Does that look like they took a Wayne rear bumper and used it for the front bumper? Even though I'm not a Carpenter fan, I do like the bus. I do not care for the rear radiator nor the 19.5 inch wheels that were used to allow for a flat floor.

Carp_26
Administrator

United States
170 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2013 :  3:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the seller should be glad you found the listing. I'd say most of the views on the auction are from SBF readers!
Go to Top of Page

RD9000

72 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  10:48:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd love to have it, but I don't have 15-18k laying around right now. Plus, I already have a one of a kind prototype. I'll let someone else snatch up this one! I really wish my church was ready to buy a bus. I might talk them into this one!
Go to Top of Page

RD9000

72 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  11:59:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like interest in these older buses, revolutionary in their time, has begun to die. I'd love to read some comments from those who either had the pleasure of seeing this bus when it debuted or those who have simply read discussions and have now seen pictures.
Go to Top of Page

08 Thomas EF
Top Member

533 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  8:49:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08 Thomas EF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ooh, wow.... That is an awesome bus. 4-wheel air suspension! I have a long list of "buses that I want." Add this to the long list of "buses that I really want."
Go to Top of Page

RD9000

72 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  9:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm torn on air suspensions. I love air ride. They are an added maintenance item that is becoming more and more expensive. I like the added reliability of air over spring suspensions.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000