Track seating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sob

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  05:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking to buy, beg, borrow, "Track" type seating/ seats for a 2000 Freightliner/ Thomas School Bus.

I need 20 seats. Color is not an issue.
They will be installed into a lift bus so they will need to be what I call narrow seats, so that I have the wheel chair clearance.

Edited by - sob on 01/23/2013 05:35:09 AM

RichBusman
Advanced Member

453 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  11:05:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will the bus be in school service?

You will need to use approved seats with an approved knee spacing for the bus. I would consult with your Thomas dealer. If the bus ever got in an accident and you had the wrong seats or wrong spacing, you'd be in quite a storm.
Go to Top of Page

sob

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  12:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice. The seat spacing information is in the bus, so I'm not overly concerned that way. Oh, and yes the bus will be in bus service.

I have had seats on order from Thomas since the begining of school. Thomas will not build any until they have enough to do a production run or so I'm told by the dealership.
I guess thats what I get for buying the bus used and being clueless about lift buses. Believe it or not I've never had any wheelchair bound students before.
Go to Top of Page

Carp_26
Administrator

United States
170 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  1:21:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may want to check with a dealer who buys used / junk buses. They may have some buses with track seating and would be willing to sell the seats. I'm a little perplexed by your posting...if your hauling wheelchairs i'd think you would be looking for tie downs vs. seats.
Go to Top of Page

sob

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  05:26:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bus is full of tie "downs" so to speak. I'm wanting to make this bus a regular/Sp. Ed. route.

I've run the gaunlet around here and am looking for someone who is setting on some that I could buy.
If anyone knows where I "might" find some, give me a phone number or website and I'll start another search.
Go to Top of Page

1forTBB

8 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  1:19:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit 1forTBB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have 4 - 30" wide X 45" track mount seats from a TBB C2 as well as 2 30" wide by 41" high left side wall mounts and one 39" X 41" l/s wall mount with no seat. We are the Thomas Dealer in British Columbia Canada if that helps. Call me if interested Derick 604 882 5811
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000