Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 IC TROUBLE CODE 2335
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wrench slinger

38 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  12:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys just found this forum looks good and i need some help, i have a 07 maxx force 7 with a hard start when cold and a 2335 code, like most districts information and training is hard to come by, so i'm asking for some help to get me ponited in the right direction

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  1:07:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have access to IKnow? The code comes up with a description of FRP unable to build during engine cranking

The link wont work when I click on it so thats about all I know dont have any max 7's so someone else might know more.
Go to Top of Page

wrench slinger

38 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  1:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've tried IKNOW and it won't show me anything, i've checked fuel pressure and the primer pump and there good and it's cranking fine now so i'll wait till in the morning and see if it won't crank
Go to Top of Page

mrschoolbus1

15 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  3:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrschoolbus1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All in Diagnostic Manual EGES-350

FRP unable to build during engine cranking

FRP below 20 MPa (2900 psi) during engine crank
Low fuel supply
FVCV circuit fault or failed valve
FPCV circuit fault or failed valve
High-pressure fuel pump failure

Pin-point FRP System Fault

At KOEO, verify FRP sensor is within specification. See "Performance Specifications" section of this manual.

Check for Intermittent circuit faults. Open Continuous Monitor session and wiggle the engine harness while monitoring signals for spikes.

Check fuel system for faults. See Fuel System in the "Performance Diagnostics" section of this manual.

Run KOEO Output State Test to verify FPCV and FVCV are working without an electrical fault. See FPCV and FVCV sub-sections in this section of the manual to test these valves.

Check the FRP system for leaks. See "Hard Start and No Start Diagnostics" section in this manual.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Purpose

To check high-pressure fuel pump and injectors for inability to reach required fuel rail pressure

Tools
Breakout Box
Fuel Rail Block-Off Plugs

1. Remove high-pressure pump left tube assembly at high-pressure pump and block off pump port. Use Fuel Rail Block-Off Plugs.

2. Using breakout tee, apply 12 volts to Pin 87 of the ECM power relay and ground Pin E-22 and E-61 through the breakout box.

NOTE: Voltage should only be applied for a short time.

3. Crank engine for 15 to 20 seconds.

If engine does not start, reconnect the left side injectors. Remove high-pressure pump right tube assembly at high-pressure pump and block off pump port.
Disconnect the 15-pin connector on the right side.
4. Using breakout tee, apply 12 volts to Pin 87 of the ECM power relay and ground Pin E-22 and E-61 through the breakout box.

NOTE: Voltage should only be applied for a short time.

5. Crank engine for 15 to 20 seconds.

If engine starts, reconnect the 15-pin connector and cap off each injector on the right side to isolate a failed injector.
If engine starts with left bank blocked off, reconnect the left side and cap off each injector on the left side to isolate a failed injector.
If engine does not start after each side has been blocked off individually, cap off all 8 injectors and do Test 10 - Fuel Rail Pressure Check.

Possible Causes
Failed high-pressure fuel pump
Failed injector
High pressure leak
Low fuel supply fuel pressure

Go to Top of Page

wrench slinger

38 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2012 :  06:21:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the good info, but we don't have the manual, where can we get it, and we don't have the tools to do the test, it's not in the budget and they still want us to fix it. well thanks again for the good info mr.schoolbus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000