Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 vt365 fuel in coolant
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gregp

1 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2012 :  3:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit gregp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After listening to one of our drivers complaining of smelling fuel inside the bus . We checked the bus out and found fuel floating in the coolant resivoir , Thought some one had put fuel in the coolant system flushed entire system 4 xs still getting fuel back in cooling system . I know the systems do not cross each other but this is one thing I have not seen this engine do ever . and there is no coolant in oil cant figure out cross contamination .

RBrian

United States
71 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  04:00:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit RBrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fuel injector cups.
Go to Top of Page

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  04:42:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have one at the dealer right now with the same problem (5 year extended warranty plan). Dealer is replacing the head. When you fix your problem you will need to replace all the heater hoses in that bus or you will never get rid of the fuel smell inside.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  07:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have one right now with strong smell of fuel inside bus. after extensive looking found what seems to be fuel in the coolant resivoir. How do you test the fuel system to see which head and what the exact cause is?? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  12:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Disreguard my concern we found the root of our issue,one of our great people had topped of the coolant with ricon lift fluid. we are going to be replacing all heater hoses and flushing out all cores.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000