2014 Ford Transit is Here >
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  11:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today, Ford started the campaign of the new 2014 global Transit:

http://www.ford.com/commercial-trucks/transit/2014/

It looks better than I thought it would but its going to take some getting used to for me.

rickhamilton620

24 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2012 :  2:34:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit rickhamilton620's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It looks good. When they announced that the Transit would replace the E-Series I pondered what a Transit chassied Type-A would look like and was kinda disappointed that they will keep the E-Series cutaway around for quite a while.
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2012 :  6:05:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks just like the Dodge Sprinter and the Merecedes counterpart to the Sprinter.
Go to Top of Page

rickhamilton620

24 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2012 :  7:52:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit rickhamilton620's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tatum

Looks just like the Dodge Sprinter and the Merecedes counterpart to the Sprinter.

That's pretty much how all the euro fullsize vans look. Here's GM's (well..technically GM, Renault and Nissan's) take on the formula:
Opel Movano:

If GM decided to put the Express/Savanna to bed like Ford has with E-Series...it could come here.
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  07:47:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And here is the Dodge (Fiat Ducato) being tested in Detroit:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/
Go to Top of Page

RD9000

72 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2012 :  2:10:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although its a nice looking van, I will be sad to see the E-Series retire. It has been a staple in the box van and school bus industry for as long as if not longer than many of us have been alive. I hate to see the move for the US to be just like Europe. The Euro-vans look like they are a PITA to work on. The major negative I have heard about the Sprinter van is the labor costs for repairs. This looks to me to also be a situation where we will be supporting overseas jobs as I seriously doubt any of these manufacturers of the Euro-vans will begin producing them in the U.S. We need to take a stand and buy American. If you appreciate your job- you will!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000