Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 International vt 365 low on power
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ethan Strickland

1 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  07:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ethan Strickland's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a vt 365 that is low on power boost pressure is 17psi, fuel pressure is above 50psi, icp mets desired pressure. I have a code 327 power reduced match cooling systems peformance M. The bus ain't getting hot coolant temp is just under 200 degrees. If anyone has an idea on what it could be let me know please!

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  03:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most common would be a restriction in the exhaust back pressure sensor tube or sensor at the end of the line. You could also have a turbo where the vanes are sticking. Is there any miss? Is there any leaks in the turbo hoses leading to or from the turbo? Have you run the tests in service maxx? Just a few things to start with.
Go to Top of Page

mrschoolbus1

15 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2012 :  05:40:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit mrschoolbus1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
DTC 327 is an indication of a cooling system performance degrade. ECM monitors Coolant level, Engine Temp Sensors. Engine Oil Temperature, Intake Air Temp and others and when the ECM detects that the cooling system is not performing correctly it will adjust the engine power and set a DTC of 327 . This is to prevent engine or engine component damage when cooling performance degrade is detected. Also design to protect the EGR cooler when cooling system performance degrade is detected.
This could be an indication of a Plugged Oil Cooler, Plugged radiator or CAC , Fan Drive, Low Coolant, Missing Hood to radiator seals.
Inspect the complete cooling system.
Go to Top of Page

tommytow1

1 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  09:29:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit tommytow1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a VT 365 with the same problem as Ethan. Ethan did you ever find a fix. The weird part is if i clear the code, it comes back immediately. One would think the coolant system would at least need to get to temp before triggering the code. Also International claims this code does not exist... Any guidance would be much appreciated..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000