New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2012 :  07:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have to replace hi pressure pump gasket does the pump have to be timed or does it not matter where there gears line up when i take it out??

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2012 :  09:59:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just did one the other day. I didn't know either, so I just made darn sure that I didn't move the pump gear when I pulled it out.

The book did say that it's important to make sure you get as much oil as you can out of the passageway behind the oil pressure switch though (just above the high pressure pump.) Not sure I understand why on that, but I took a squirter bottle top and sucked a bunch out.
That was the first one I have ever had to do, and it was actually a lot easier than I expected it to be.
Go to Top of Page

efkimes

31 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  05:45:33 AM  Show Profile  Send efkimes a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It doesnt matter where the high pressure pump gear is. It isn't timed. When you lose the oil out of the High pressure system it will run like crap for a bit untill it works all the air through the system.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000