Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 dt466 egr cooler problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Russian

1 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  11:19:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Russian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon!
Bought in Russia, international 4300, with ehgine DT466. EGR Cooler broke, Cooling liquid follows in exhaust gases. To buy the new it is expensive. Whether it is possible to repair it? I will be grateful For any Information, with the Best regards Konstantin from Russia. city of Naberezhnye Chelny.
P.S. Prompt please a site on which it is possible to order spare parts, with possibility of their delivery to Russia. Or the address of firm carrying out delivery of the goods worldwide. Thank everyone)))

dekalbfleet

22 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  04:11:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit dekalbfleet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What year is the bus? The EGR cooler leaks internally Not on the outside where it would be repairable. Lots of places to buy cooler but I dont know if they ship to Russia. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  9:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just replaced 2 egr coolers in the last week . One a vt365 and a 2007 466. Both cracked on the outside and spewing coolant on the outside of the engine. I suppose you could weld them back up but they broke for a reason in the first place.
Sorry I cant help the OP with a russian source for IH parts.
Go to Top of Page

dekalbfleet

22 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  03:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit dekalbfleet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow never seen one crack on the outside. What part of the country are you in? Is that weather related?
Go to Top of Page

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  7:49:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im in WI .They are not corroding or anything. The 365 had the rear bracket develop a crack an it broke off letting the front flange take the load and flex the cooler till the outer casing cracked and leaked into the valley. It was about 3 years since the last install on that bus.
The 466 was a 2008 which the tank developed a crack where it is welded to the end cap. It had about 103,000 miles.

Ive had a 2005 van with the powerstroke crack externally and maybe 2 other 365's leak externally. The vast majority did the internal leak which made the wonderfull smoke cloud out the tailpie.
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2016 :  04:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
be sure you check vgt(turbo)coolant goes into the vgt and makes everything sticky in turbo. my suggestion remove turbo and clean
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2016 :  2:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just replaced an EGR cooler on a Maxxforce DT. I am now pulling the turbo because I am getting VGT fault codes. I am beyond irritated at this point.

For what it's worth, seeing as how the vehicle is in Russia, would it be possible to buy or make block off plates and get rid of it completely? In my state, we can't do stuff like that because of emissions, but I'm unsure about Russian laws.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2016 :  3:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Original post is nearly 4 years old. I'm still unsure if sktan is just a spammer dropping a link and should be deleted and account locked. Another link is in his profile so I'm thinking yes. Anybody?
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2016 :  4:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Didn't even notice that. Agreed!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000