CE300 Windshields
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  11:03:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What do you guys do on them do in house or call a glass company? For the cost of the glass company doing it I just dont see the point doing it in house the cost of the glass if I break one is cheaper than calling someone.

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  12:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do them in house, I did break one however before learning the best way for me to install them.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  3:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We do both depending on the workload. Our district used to have a glaizer and we did all our own flat glass and saved a ton of dough, and we got pretty good at R&R. Also, if you do it in house you can do it now, as opposed to waiting...
Go to Top of Page

Yardmonkey

9 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  8:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yardmonkey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
most of ours were done by a third party, in our yard. with the tightning of purse strings & loss of skilled labour it was the better solution for us.
Go to Top of Page

Cal Mc
Advanced Member

303 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  8:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cal Mc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We do them in house. We can get a better price on glass ordering in a quantity.Our local dealer does not like to stock any more than one windshield. Unfortunately we find it takes two people to do an install. We have only had to install 6 of them, and without a single loss.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000