Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2006 Thomas freightliner wiper issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AngelSings4u2

3 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  11:06:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit AngelSings4u2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi I drive a 2006 Frieghtliner and the wipers just turn on whenever they feel like it. The wiper switches have been replaced several times to no avail. Anyone know what else could cause this? They swipe at least 3 or 4 times when they turn on and it happens several times throughout the day

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  11:16:33 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The latest in a long line of multi function turn/wiper/light switches is A06-36956-003 also have the mechanic check the relays in the power distribution modual located on the lt fender top for dirt,water damage in the connectors by removing and checking the pins on some of the relays and fuses. We have replaced a couple of the PDM's for corrosion.
Go to Top of Page

Cal Mc
Advanced Member

303 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  1:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cal Mc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The FS65 chassis had a problem with the pulse wiper control. The replacement part number should be 5200.4984 or 1036-WDC depending on your supplier.
Go to Top of Page

AngelSings4u2

3 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  4:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit AngelSings4u2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you both very much, I will pass this on to our mechanics! I know it isn't hurting anything but it does seem to be getting worse and it's driving me nuts lol...:-)
Go to Top of Page

JustinB
Advanced Member

United States
490 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  2:38:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it is an early C2, there was a retrofit to add relays (the originals din't have any relays) in the wiper circuit to assist with this issue. There may still be a few strays out there that have'nt had the retrofit installed.

I may not know the answer but I can usually find who does.
Go to Top of Page

AngelSings4u2

3 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  5:28:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit AngelSings4u2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Justin!!! Passing this on as well
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000