Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 dt 466 liner ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dwadiesel

2 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  6:11:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit dwadiesel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am doing an in frame on a dt466 and the liners went down way to easy from what im used to, so i measured the liner and block and the oring would be right at the champfer of the counter boar. does anyone know about this.

mhwrench

5 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  7:11:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit mhwrench's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i was shocked at that too. did one a few years ago (DT466e). First I checked protrusion without o-rings. then oiled and installed. Dealer told me that they don't "pop" or seat. they stck up a little and seem to have a spongy feel. this is normal. Set the head and as you go through the torque procedure, it set them all down. Only advice I have is to oil o-rings, set liners, install head. do not delay. be ready to set head soon after all liners are set.
Go to Top of Page

dwadiesel

2 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  04:26:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit dwadiesel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That makes me feel alittle better i just cant beleave the oring dosent go clear down into the boar. i did use hold downs when i installed the liners and they pushed down about an 1/8 in. or so. no wonder they tend to leak
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000