New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  04:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
please someone help this bus been killin me cant find any wiring diagrams from starting system i have no power to little wire on start when tryin to crank i have power at soleniod but nothing at little wire on starter does it go threww neutral safty switch i checked for power while cranking and none have it a switch on side of trans any ideas or wiring diagrams ???????/ and where is the crank relay????

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 04/03/2012 05:31:24 AM

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  07:23:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hope this helps

https://evalue.internationaldelivers.com/service/SVCDOCS/Navistar/s08/s08286.htm
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  08:52:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i actually needed the chassis diagram i found it and got her runnin again thanks
Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  10:47:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what was it
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  2:32:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vandal lock probably?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  4:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a couple issues with the wires going to the neutral safety switch being bound so tightly by a cable tie next to the switch that one of them grounded out and blew the fuse which killed the bus. Both of them were 99s.

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  09:12:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IBTMech

I had a couple issues with the wires going to the neutral safety switch being bound so tightly by a cable tie next to the switch that one of them grounded out and blew the fuse which killed the bus. Both of them were 99s.

I had one short out the wire on the Neutral Safety Switch only to throw a fault and deactivate the Throttle Position Sensor- making the truck only crawl along with no input from the throttle pedal.

In regards to the original post: I recently found a Starter relay on the main wire harness on one of my 99's that I had no idea was a starter relay. The wire harness runs up the drivers side of the engine, and is supposed to mount to the side of the engine. About halfway up, there is a relay sticking out, that feeds the ign wire on the starter.

Been working on this truck for 13 years, have 2 others exactly like it, and never knew there was a starter relay there.
Live and learn. :)
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  5:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there are two single connector plugs on top of trans purple wire and gray wire i had unpluged that hole harness because i had to remove the fuel line where it bolts to top of bell housing because i was the line rubbed on bracket and start leaking anyway i disconnected the harness to move it out of way and when i reconnected i switch the plugs hooked them up wrong so after going over everything three or four times i figured out what i did so i caused myself a huge headache from making a mistake live and learn lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000