Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 1999 Bluebird TC 2000 rear engine shifter out
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vstabus

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  12:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit vstabus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 1999 Bluebird TC2000 rear engine with tbe Allison MD3060 transmission. It also has a Cummins C8.3 12 valve mechanical engine.
Came in the other night and High idle would not work. After shutting it off it would not crank and the transmission shift pas was dead.
All other electrical items work fine. We can jump start it but cannot put it in gear. I suspect there is no ignition signal going to the transmission ECU. All fuses on the dash have been tested with an ohm meter and are good and there is power to all fueses. There are
two fuses in the engine compartment on the R/H frame rail above the starter. The fuese with the pink wire and black tracing has no power on either lead. There is a diode harness behind the alternator with two leads. One has a diode in it that is now open not allowing current in either direction. I have ordered a new diode harness from Bird. This unit has a Leece Neville 160 Amp alternator. I have a wiring diagram for the front end of this bus but I do not have one for the rear engine part with this odd engine and transmisson combo.
I do not know what the two fueses in the engine compartment operate or where the wiring goes. The following thread has a similar situation to mine. Where is circuit 11146A? I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer who has worked on TC rear engines or All Americans of the 1997-2000 vintage. Thanks.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000