Enter Forum: Safety Issues and Drivers' Concerns
 Emergency Window Exits
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kenny

United States
5 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  6:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kenny's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At the beginning of school this year I was explaining to the students about emergency evacuations. As I was about to tell them about the emergency window exits, a pre-schooler ask me what those "words" said above his window. He was referring to the words that say: EMERGENCY EXIT. Has the bus manufacturers ever thought that there are students on the buses that can't READ??????
So what I did was put a piece of red reflective tape above the exit windows and told the students if they had to get out thru the windows, they should look for the red tape. It also reflects when you turn on the inside lights. This is a much better way to mark the emergency window exits then with just wording. I hope the bus manufacturers will get word of this and can change the way they do things. Sometimes they just need to ride a bus themselves to see waht can be improved!

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  1:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remeber that it isn't the bus manufacturers that come up with things like "Emergency Exit" and "Do not block", it is the government.

Example: In Ohio dont you dare put "Emergency Exit" near a door. Enough said.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000