New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  06:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got a 04 FS-65 CAT 3126 that's giving me a ECU 128, PID 091 Fail 8, throttle position signal invalid. The bus went out on a dry run and then needed to be towed back because the bus lost communication with the "go" pedal! Once unhooked from the tow truck, the bus had cleared the code itself and now will run circles all day long around our bumpy parking lot and it's running fine. The entire pedal assy was replaced by the dealer last year and the connections are fine. I've got the lower half of the dash removed looking for damaged wires but have yet to find anything. Is their any other known problem areas I should be checking?

Cal Mc
Advanced Member

303 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  12:43:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cal Mc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Had a similar ocurrance with a GM using the same set-up. After 3 tow truck recoveries we found bad connections at the ECM. The pin connectors have to be spotless. We ended up having to change the ECM.
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2011 :  11:06:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not sure if this will help ya out or not, but about 8 years ago I had an issue with one of my IHC's doing this very thing, and it ended up being one the the Neutral Safety Switch wires had rubbed through on the side of the transmission, causing a short, and causing the TPS to send a fault.

:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000