4X4 International School Bus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1983ChevroletWayne

Canada
173 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  3:07:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found this while browsing the net. Thought it was interesting!

A 4x4 International Amtran for sale.

http://www.rockymtnbus.com/index.php?s=51&stock_no=IH97-90733

BBInt.10
Top Member

USA
1042 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  4:05:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit BBInt.10's Homepage  Send BBInt.10 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wish they had a pic of the rear of that bus. I see it has no emergency door in the rear... I don't think I've ever seen a conventional with no emergency door in the rear before. Good find! If I had the money and a place to park it, I'd add it to my collection.

If all your problems are behind you... you must be a school bus driver.
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  4:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've seen the rear, and its set up like a rear-engine bus. I don't have the photo though, sorry. I think its just a huge storage compartment. That bus has been for sale going on several years now, surprised it hasn't sold by now.

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  4:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had another picture somewhere, but I can't find it for the life of me. The one below is one of two styles I've seen used. The other resembles the rear end of the D3 RE

Edited by - Kodie on 06/07/2011 5:02:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  5:05:10 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've seen a few set up like that. Its rare for a conventional. I can remember when a lower glass in the rear door was an option here in Va.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  6:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've seen that bus before and I'm relatively certain Kodie has provided us with the same rear end. I have to wonder if it is a retrofit because that rear emergency window does not look like it was truly intended for a school bus.

I wish this option were more popular and still offered...that rear crush space is valuable.

Just why the heck does the door have to be off-center though?!

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page

rmbus

1 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  08:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit rmbus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have had three of these 1997 four wheel drives in the past few years. There is a six foot box that can be opened from the inside and exterior. There is a rear engine bus window in the back. All of this was factory installed.

FYI, we just got in a 2005 International, Bluebird body, 66 passenger, DT466E, with four wheel drive. Super nice vehicle! Its for sale!
Thanks

Dave

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000