KY: Special Report - Bus Fighting Videos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  8:07:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOUISVILLE, KY. (WDRB) -- WDRB News takes an in-depth look at issues affecting the Jefferson County Public School District. Monday's report: bad behavior on the bus.

Read & Watch:
http://www.fox41.com/story/14601399/special-assignment-bad-behavior-on-school-buses

JK
Top Member

USA
7307 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  6:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit JK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This thread's story reveals a school district where it would seem obvious that the adults involved do not have the run of those school buses. The well behaved kids and adults gave up the run and got what their political correctness, mollycoddling and indifference promotes.

There are many - MANY!!! - school districts that do not have this kind of dangerous environment on their school buses.

I work for a district where the bus drivers have the authority to immediately remove any child refusing to follow directions when at the school, can also while in-route return an unruly child to the school for removal, and in some situations have police remove a child.

Had fights on my bus every week or so, continuous gross misbehavior and dangerous driver distractions before this change - not a fight on any route for over a decade after becoming the captain of my school bus.

A school bus driver with no authority to act is simply another kid on board and a convenient scapegoat that also happens to be driving the bus. A safe, calm school bus environment first requires making certain the best behaved kids and adults involved have the run. (jk)

Stopping Violence on School Buses: Not an Easy Task but One that Can be Accomplished - Click here for source.

Edited by - JK on 05/15/2011 03:41:21 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000