Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 DT360 wont start when cold
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  7:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've got a DT360 that if the temp. is below 60 it will not start. Not even with either. Above 60 and it will start but seems to run lean until it warms up. The warmer the engine the better it runs. I've done filters and checked for leaks. Any ideas, this really has us stumped.

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  05:27:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All you really need to start that DT is fuel, cranking speed and compression. If you are supplying ether and it won't start then fuel is not likely the issue. Have you checked the valve lash? Do you have excessive blow by out the road draft tube?
Ether makes me nervous, over zealous use can lead to broken rings, etc. which leads to low compression and hard starting.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  10:07:10 AM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I can hand prime the pump and fuel will flow through the pump, out the return but not to the injectors. Let the sun shine and get the temperature oustidw up above 60 and it will start and run on its own.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000