Enter Forum: School Bus Equipment
 School Bus Camera Systems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yellowroseoftexas53

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  09:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit yellowroseoftexas53's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are searching for video surveillance systems to purchase for our route buses. Like most everyone else, our funds are extremely limited. We have 3 regular routes and three special needs routes-4 buses all together. The grant we received will only cover 3 of the buses. The Special Needs Bus is being omitted due to the shortage of funds, but to me-it is the bus of the most importance(I am the driver).
Can anyone recommend a low cost, but yet effective system to purchase? Our objective is to have record of the student behavior while riding the bus. We DO have several "Red Light Runners", but cameras for that will have to be funded a different time.
Thanking you in advance for any suggestions/recommendations you may have!

DATTCO84

3 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  12:37:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit DATTCO84's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Seon Rogue system is decently priced, and Rosco has a system that is also priced pretty low and seems to be a pretty solid system
Go to Top of Page

yellowroseoftexas53

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  12:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit yellowroseoftexas53's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you SO much for that information!! I'll call them and check on their prices.
Go to Top of Page

shemenway

United States
4 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  09:59:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit shemenway's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's a directory of School Bus Camera vendors and related information to help you in your considerations for this type of system....

http://buscameras.blogspot.com/2010/01/school-bus-camera-surveillance-vendor.html

---
Go to Top of Page

Ryan247

1 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  12:34:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ryan247's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Carolyn, I am the National Account Manager for 247Security, and would be happy to provide you pricing and product information for the system that you are seeking, as well as a list of TX school district customers for your reference. We have over 1,500 school district and bus contractor fleet customers nationwide, representing over 40,000 digital video systems in-operation. My name is Ryan Clifford and my number is (404) 556-9087, or email ryanc@247securityinc.com. I hope to hear from you!
Go to Top of Page

EverSecure

3 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  2:32:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit EverSecure's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Matco, Inc. provides quality EverSecure Mobile Surveillance System to First Student America at extremely low cost since 2009. Take a reference to www.eversecure.com or call (800)719-9605 for more info.
Go to Top of Page

LeeToma

3 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  7:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeeToma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The new model of Matco bus camera provides easy installation (~30 minutes), simply configuration (built-camera with DVR), 160G HD storage space holds for over 3 month video, it has Viewtrue player to view and backup videos, it has built-in heater/cooling control, Plus it has GPS / Zonar interface built-in. the whole system only cost ~$600. This has won the first choice of many bus companies. You may call them early to get your order in queue. Right now the production is pretty full. (847)-202-0010, Joseph
Go to Top of Page

qptbd401

United States
3 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  06:23:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit qptbd401's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mobil video surveillance is a highly competitive marketplace. I urge you to continue doing your homework and investigating the product through referrals. Price is only one consideration when evaluating this product as those that have made the mistake of buying low price. You do get what you pay for! That being said evaluate the cost based on the expected life of the buses that they will be going in. Remember quality, service and performance should be taken in to consideration as well as cost. Seon design is number one in the school bus and coach industry and you can reach them at 1-877-630-7366. Good Luck !
Go to Top of Page

EverSecure

3 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  07:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit EverSecure's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Obviously EverSecure beats Seon by all meanings, including price, quality and services.
Go to Top of Page

EverSecure

3 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  07:11:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit EverSecure's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I clicked athe screen name "qbtbd401" and found that he/she works for Seon, but he/she pretended he/she is not by saying "you can reach them at x-xxx-xxxx". Funny!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  08:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep it civil, please. The forum is not a free advertising zone, so please keep your comments strictly professional.
Go to Top of Page

shemenway

United States
4 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  10:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit shemenway's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Directory of School Bus Camera Surveillance Vendors has been updated:

http://buscameras.blogspot.com/2010/01/school-bus-camera-surveillance-vendor.html
Go to Top of Page

manputer

12 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  3:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit manputer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good post shemenway! Lots of systems out there. A lot are competitivly priced.

Great List!
Go to Top of Page

shemenway

United States
4 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2011 :  10:39:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit shemenway's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's an article that provides more insight for future school bus video systems...

http://www.slideshare.net/stevehemenway/school-bus-camerafutureviewsofvideosurveillancemarch2009pdf

Go to Top of Page

shemenway

United States
4 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2011 :  10:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit shemenway's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Updated news related to bus cameras including latest on legislation for school bus stop arm camera systems ...

http://www.twitter.com/buscameras
Go to Top of Page

n/a

14 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  01:22:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Have a look at our solutions, HD video quality, prices start at just $325, money back guarantee install yourself so no extra costs, easy to use. move to other vehicles if needed, Visit www.tt-i.info
Go to Top of Page

BLUEHI

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  6:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is anyone familiar with Zentinel (good, bad, ugly)? Our bus contractor just got information on their system.
Go to Top of Page

Schoolbus56

United States
128 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  12:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We Just installed 5 Zen-tinel systems in our buses they seem to work well.. and Great Tech Support when it was needed.

wow.
Go to Top of Page

Tommy Varro

1 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2013 :  12:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tommy Varro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yellowroseoftexas53

We are searching for video surveillance systems to purchase for our route buses. Like most everyone else, our funds are extremely limited. We have 3 regular routes and three special needs routes-4 buses all together. The grant we received will only cover 3 of the buses. The Special Needs Bus is being omitted due to the shortage of funds, but to me-it is the bus of the most importance(I am the driver).
Can anyone recommend a low cost, but yet effective system to purchase? Our objective is to have record of the student behavior while riding the bus. We DO have several "Red Light Runners", but cameras for that will have to be funded a different time.
Thanking you in advance for any suggestions/recommendations you may have!

The surveillance equipment you need is car monitoring system. It is common to see. You can easily find one at stores or online shop. Maybe this one http://www.detectorall.com/categories/Safety-Detectors/

Edited by - Tommy Varro on 08/15/2013 11:25:56 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000