Green Circle Flashing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BoomSwagga

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  1:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a senior in high school, not a driver, just throwing that out there...

My school bus is a 2007 Blue Bird Vision and there's a green circle that lights up when the bus's ignition is on. (see picture below) This morning, it was flashing, but after school it was a solid green. What it is for and what does it mean? I didn't want to pester my driver with questions, as I always do.

I get fascinated by the different types of school buses and the variations of features they have. Plus, many of my friends have parents who are drivers and trainers, so I usually get a first-hand look of Thomases and ICs.

Blue Bird is my favorite, because they stand by their Christian principles.

Edited by - BoomSwagga on 02/21/2013 5:38:27 PM

08 Thomas EF
Top Member

533 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  2:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08 Thomas EF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Uneducated guess here but perhaps the camera was either temporarily disabled, or the storage medium filled up... but if it's a that new a bus and has a DVD or hard drive or memory card or whatever, theoretically it would start to take the oldest footage and record over that.

I don't know who you are but you might want to check out schoolbuscentral.com when you have a chance. SBF tends to be dominated by mechanic and other professional talk whereas SBC is more enthusiast.

Edited by - 08 Thomas EF on 02/15/2013 2:20:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

BoomSwagga

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  5:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

That circle in the left side of the picture thats greenish. What is it for? :O

Wolverine vs The Vision
Ouch! :D
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  2:33:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thats for the camera . Not sure why its there and not on the switch panel.
Pushing it marks the video.
When its on solid green, its recording. When its blinking or off its not recording

Robert B.

Edited by - 78fordwayne on 02/22/2013 2:38:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  2:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
And in the future can you please ask before putting one of my pictures on the internet?
Go to Top of Page

BoomSwagga

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2013 :  11:13:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 78fordwayne

And in the future can you please ask before putting one of my pictures on the internet?

The picture of the Vision or the inside of the bus? The interior picture was taken by me last week.
Go to Top of Page

BoomSwagga

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2013 :  11:23:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BoomSwagga

quote:
Originally posted by 78fordwayne

The picture of the Vision or the inside of the bus? The interior picture was taken by me last week.

Oh! School Bus Land! I see now! Sorry, I should've asked first. I love that site, by the way! It really shows how far engineering and technology has come since the beginning stages of transportation. My neighbor drives for a district, so I can always take a photo of her '10 Vision. Thanks for the warning though.

Wolverine vs The Vision
Ouch! :D
Go to Top of Page

Yellowblood454

2 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2013 :  06:46:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yellowblood454's Homepage  Reply with Quote
78fordwayne is correct. The green light is the event marker for the camera system. Sounds like an REI. They used this light for their older R series units but you would never see it flash on and off. It was more of a power indicator for those systems. Sounds like you have the newer HD system that utilizes the same event marker but unlike the old R series, the new HD series has a self diagnosing flash codes.The blinking can be caused by several things.
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  06:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say that Seon uses that same pushbutton with the green circular light. Blinking means either not recording, or missing some other input such as GPS lock if so equipped. Solid means OK. It's there so the driver can alert the technician to a problem.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  4:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arohi, I don't understand what you are asking. We are talking about a push button with a circular light being used as a status readout for a DVR.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000