Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Bus Cleaning and Washing Guidelines
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lee Lazaro

1 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  11:03:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lee Lazaro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am creating a PM manual, and am looking for some good cleaning and washing guidelines/schedules (i.e. daily/weekly/monthly cleaning activities) - can anyone please send me a good one that your agency uses? Thanks very much !

NathanW
Advanced Member

United States
313 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  5:46:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I clean my windows when I can't see out of them very well. Other than that they get cleaned once a month.

Nathan--Driver Extraordinaire
Go to Top of Page

raytobe
Advanced Member

USA
293 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  5:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit raytobe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Careful of washing inside on a lift bus. The soap can attack the adjustable seat rails on the floor and destroy them.
Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  2:25:30 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Never use a water hose or pressure washer inside the bus. Wet mop the floors, clean water rinse, air dry overnight. Seal floors after cleaning with a vinyl floor sealer. This should be done at least annually or as needed. Inside cleaning includes walls, ceiling, seats, windows and dash. Clean seats, walls and ceiling with a general purpose hard surface cleaner. Glass cleaner on windows. Exterior cleaning includes a hand wash with a wash broom at least twice a year to remove road film and bugs from front of bus. Oil residue from back of bus. Extra cleaning may need to be done around door hinges where lubricant builds up. Annual waxing if possible is recommended. We pay $200 a bus for a wax. Daily cleaning should be a part of the pre and post trip inspection which includes sweeping the floor, picking up trash, emptying trash cans and general organizing. I supply goo gone for inside to remove stickers, ink etc. Wheel chair buses need the tie down tracks cleaned out with a small wire brush periodically. Keep graffiti off of seats as soon as you see it using graffiti remover. Road tar on the outside should be removed as it appears.
10 minutes a day for daily cleaning
20 minutes a month for heavier cleaning
As long as it takes for annual cleaning (usually no longer than 10 hrs)
I supply mops, detergent, cleaner in marked osha approved containers, goo gone, cleaning cloths, wax, buckets, etc.
Have all MSDS sheets available for every cleaner you use and make sure drivers or bus cleaners are aware of the hazards associated with every product.
Have a check off list for the annual cleaning to be signed by someone of authority when each bus is said to be completed. Don't show favoritism towards anyone.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000