Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 BLUE BIRD VISION PLASTIC OVER FLOW TANK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stefsfab

United States
7 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2009 :  09:17:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit stefsfab's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have heard that there are many problems with the blue bird radiator plastic overflow tank. Our compnay Stef's Performace has manufactured this item in aluminum and has solved the cranking problem. If i can help you out please contact Joe Stefanacci at Stef's 732-367-8700 thank you.

wsauer3481

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  6:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Send wsauer3481 an AOL message  Click to see wsauer3481's MSN Messenger address  Send wsauer3481 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
we have ordered this tank for our bluebirds here. the cost is well worth it. we have installed one already. if you are having problems with the plastic tank this will solve them. since bluebird cant keep up with the demand

Edited by - wsauer3481 on 05/21/2009 6:55:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

L.J.D

United States
173 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  06:12:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the guys at the BB dealer near here have been using them too. Stefs is a great co. they make alot of racing parts, pans water outlets good stuff.
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  07:49:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wasn't there a recall on these? We had 2 (on the same bus) replaced because they split mid route. Did Blue Bird actually replace them with the same overflow tank??????

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Edited by - bluebirdvision on 05/26/2009 07:51:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  09:25:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the replacement from BB is a new design. The one I got you can see the fluid level and on the old one you could not.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

stefsfab

United States
7 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  09:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit stefsfab's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the aluminium tanks that we build have a built in sight gauge. i submitted our tank to blue bird over two months ago and i had too call numerous times too get a call back. they said they had a new design coming out ??? another plastic tank with straps ??? we have sold over 125 units just in new jersey !!!! every one seems too be satisfied with them joe stef
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  1:50:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stefsfab

the aluminium tanks that we build have a built in sight gauge. i submitted our tank to blue bird over two months ago and i had too call numerous times too get a call back. they said they had a new design coming out ??? another plastic tank with straps ??? we have sold over 125 units just in new jersey !!!! every one seems too be satisfied with them joe stef

Sounds great, can you post a photo and maybe a price.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

stefsfab

United States
7 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2009 :  2:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit stefsfab's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ill try to up load a photo
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  09:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bluebird sent my tanks today, in a kit. Looks like an easy retrofit, pix when I get the bus back in to install it.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

wsauer3481

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  1:57:51 PM  Show Profile  Send wsauer3481 an AOL message  Click to see wsauer3481's MSN Messenger address  Send wsauer3481 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
we recieved the bluebird replacement tanks today. our school system decided to continue to replace tanks using the ones made by stephs. these tanks are far superior than what bluebird has to offer. well worth the extra cost.
Go to Top of Page

Dravo

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  6:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dravo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do they have them for Thomas ER's? The overflow on the 01 Thomas is just above the exhaust and it melts. We wrapped the exhaust with exhaust insulation cloth and that made the last replacement last a lot longer.
Go to Top of Page

stefsfab

United States
7 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  06:33:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit stefsfab's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you would like us to produce the tank that you need please contact us. we are currently working on the power steering tank on the blue birds .they seem to kick out the fluid on the fire wall. our company produces hi-performance oil pans, oil tanks and miss fabricated items for NASCAR Sprint,Nationwise and Camping World Series also NHRA, IHRA Drag Race. we put the same quality in the vision tanks we are making now. thanks joe stefanacci 732-367-8700
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  09:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are the Bluebird part numbers. The early visions right side mounted tank is #10007697. The center mounted late model vision is 10007704. I have installed both types, no rocket science skills needed.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  09:38:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bluebirdvision

Wasn't there a recall on these? We had 2 (on the same bus) replaced because they split mid route. Did Blue Bird actually replace them with the same overflow tank??????

The replacements mount different, they sit in a bracket. No mounting holes in the tank.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

wsauer3481

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  11:05:09 AM  Show Profile  Send wsauer3481 an AOL message  Click to see wsauer3481's MSN Messenger address  Send wsauer3481 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i recomend these tanks by stef's performance. they have saved us time and labor just by not having to replace tanks every day. we have 160 buses that now have these metal tanks. i do reccommend a flush and themostat change when installing these new tanks. most of those busses had multable plastic tank replacements. including the new style from bluebird. well worth the extra cost
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  6:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, how much and when do we see a picture?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  06:42:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have some fabricated stuff to sell as well. Can we list it here?

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Davidrte9

United States
98 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  2:31:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes How much? We have had 4 of these old style plactic tanks blow in the last two years. $283.00 for the same old plastic tank seems a bit much for something that may do the same thing.
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  09:49:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davidrte9

Yes How much? We have had 4 of these old style plactic tanks blow in the last two years. $283.00 for the same old plastic tank seems a bit much for something that may do the same thing.

Better call another dealer, that's marked up too high.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

wsauer3481

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2009 :  8:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Send wsauer3481 an AOL message  Click to see wsauer3481's MSN Messenger address  Send wsauer3481 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

So, how much and when do we see a picture?

call joe stef at stef,s performance he will email you pictures 732=367-8700. if you send me an email ill try to send pictures of the installations. 06-08 bluebirds. i havent been able to post pictures here

Edited by - wsauer3481 on 11/28/2009 8:51:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

stefsfab

United States
7 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  2:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit stefsfab's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we would like to say thanks to all the Blue Bird dealers that have bought the vision tanks. the replacement parts from blue bird need a little more engineering to them. we are going into production with the Thomas bus with freightliner engine collent over flow tank. thanks again happy holidays joe stef
Go to Top of Page

Harrison Fire

United States
175 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2009 :  03:51:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stefsfab

we would like to say thanks to all the Blue Bird dealers that have bought the vision tanks. the replacement parts from blue bird need a little more engineering to them. we are going into production with the Thomas bus with freightliner engine collent over flow tank. thanks again happy holidays joe stef

The coolant tank's correct handle is "de-aeration tank",
Blue Bird and Thomas Built both have moble parts trucks that visit us weekly.
They have both sold me those tanks to replace the ones that have rusted from the inside.
The Thomas guy told me that if he had a dollar for every one of those tanks that he has delivered, he could retire.
So, you with the brown goo at your radiator cap: you are not alone.
My first one to start this crap was a 2000 FS65 with a Cummins.
The disease has since spread to a 2005 with a C7 Cat and a 2006 FS65 with a Mercedes.
HF

My Fleet? (6) 93/99 IH 3800 Thomas and Blue Bird, Hydraulic Brakes, Manual and Auto Trans, (10) 00/06 FS65 Thomas Air Brake and Auto Trans, (2) 06 C2 Thomas and (2) 09/10 IC CE 300, Plus 3 more from another District
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000