Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 International 1995 T444E no start
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slavd

Russia
5 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  02:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit slavd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My school bus runs in area where is not any International dealer at all. The bus had been parked for a while and then i didn`t start the engine 1995 T444E. I think that it is a problem of air in fuel system. Of course probably it is absolutely clear for many but not for me ... Pls maybe anyone let me know what is the right way to remove air from fuel system? Are there any special tools for that? I would appreciate for any links and instructions. Thanks

Edited by - slavd on 02/20/2009 12:07:33 PM

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  08:55:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I don't have any older International engines, but its good to hear from someone from Russia. What other busses do you have? I would be interested to know more about your situation. Good luck.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

origcharger
Top Member

United States
619 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  09:20:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slavd

My shool bus runs in area where is not any International dealer at all. The bus had been parked for a while and then i didn`t start the engine 1995 T444E. I think that it is a problem of air in fuel system. Of course probably it is absolutely clear for many but not for me ... Pls maybe anyone let me know what is the right way to remove air from fuel system? Are there any special tools for that? I would appreciate for any links and instructions. Thanks

IMO;
Unless there is a tremendous amount of air in the system the T444E tends to work it out on its own.
The two most common reasons for the T444E not to start are trouble at the glowplug relay OR touble in the "clean" voltage feed to the ECM wires and/or connector which is located below rear of engine near the oil filter.

Operating; Seven T444Es, One MaxxForce 7, One VT365, Four DT466s, One E-450 6.0 and one Mercedes in a C2.
Go to Top of Page

slavd

Russia
5 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  11:09:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit slavd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The problem appeared after successful start and then engine had been running at idling for about 5 min and all of sudden stopped. And I think it is not electric problem but i will check relay and ECM wires of course. But if you did any works with fuel system of T444E what actions would you prepare before first start?
Go to Top of Page

origcharger
Top Member

United States
619 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  11:32:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slavd

The problem appeared after successful start and then engine had been running at idling for about 5 min and all of sudden stopped. And I think it is not electric problem but i will check relay and ECM wires of course. But if you did any works with fuel system of T444E what actions would you prepare before first start?

Apply LIGHT air pressure to fuel tank, depress schrader valve near/on fuel filter housing.

Operating; Seven T444Es, One MaxxForce 7, One VT365, Four DT466s, One E-450 6.0 and one Mercedes in a C2.
Go to Top of Page

slavd

Russia
5 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  12:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit slavd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

Sorry I don't have any older International engines, but its good to hear from someone from Russia. What other busses do you have? I would be interested to know more about your situation. Good luck.

Right now I have only one in Prague, Czech republic. But i know that there is another one Blue Bird in Moscow. Now there are a lot American trucks in Russia but not buses. It depends on huge customs duties for used buses which are 3euro for 1cm3 of volume engine.
Go to Top of Page

slavd

Russia
5 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  08:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit slavd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today i have started T444E after air pumping fuel system through fuel tank. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000