New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  4:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey do any of you guys collect something besides buses? Maybe diecast semi trucks. If so will you please share with me on what you have?

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  4:47:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 08BBVision

Hey do any of you guys collect something besides buses? Maybe diecast semi trucks. If so will you please share with me on what you have?

I collect die-cast Fire Engines and Fire Trucks. I like the Corgi Heroes Under Fire, and I have all of the American LaFrance 700 Series models in the series. I also collect Code 3 Collectibles, other Corgi series (Fire Heroes, etc.), ERTL, First Gear, and Franklin Mint. The oldest model I have is a gargantuan American LaFrance Ladder Truck that was made by Doepke in the mid-1950s.

I collect Athearn Diesel Locomotives as well, but I haven't been as involved in the rail-side of my hobbies as much as I used to be. I don't have a model train layout and don't plan on building one, I just like collecting the engines. Most of what I collect, rather, have collected, are Amtrak engines. I've always been more interested in passenger rail systems than freight.
Go to Top of Page

03CV200
Top Member

United States
740 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  5:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit 03CV200's Homepage  Send 03CV200 an AOL message  Click to see 03CV200's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I collect die-cast Mack trucks of various kinds (dumps, mixers, trash trucks, etc.) as well as construction equipment (dozers, loaders, haul trucks, etc.) Ironically, I don't collect school buses. I haven't found any that are "up to par". I only collect "replicas" not toys, so if it looks fake, I don't buy it.

-Dave
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  7:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't want to be the person to burst a bubble, but this is in the completetly wrong section.

This has nothing to do with the bus industry at all. You should have posted it in THIS category:

"Enter Forum: Enter Forum: Just For Fun: DESCRIPTION Talk about topics that are not related to the school bus industry (sports, hobbies, etc.).

Anyway, (I am always the deliverer of bad news )
I collect Semi (Tanker, for specific) Trucks and other various trucks I've obtained from the local store. I also have a collection of a few hundred Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars I've collected over the years (Mainly police cars, fire engines, and stuff like that), but thats beside the point of trucks.

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2008 :  4:59:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to collect a bunch of 1/18 scale diecast cars and trucks. I still have a few but that kind of faded out for me a few years back. The ones I have had or have are Chevy Avalanche, Chevy Silverado, Dodge Ram, Toyota Range Rover(it had an "accident"), Hummer H2, Lexus something or other. I have hundreds of matchbox cars hidden away somewhere and a bunch of 4 wheelers to go with my 1/18 scale diecasts.
Go to Top of Page

93CarpFord#11
Top Member

USA
1382 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2008 :  4:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit 93CarpFord#11's Homepage  Send 93CarpFord#11 an AOL message  Click to see 93CarpFord#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 93CarpFord#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I collect the ERTL trucks. I have a variety of trucks and trailers in my fleet. Like someone said earlier, I only buy replicas and not fakes. I also have like hundreds of Matchbox and Hotwheels cars that I have collected over the years.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  11:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 03CV200

I collect die-cast Mack trucks of various kinds (dumps, mixers, trash trucks, etc.) as well as construction equipment (dozers, loaders, haul trucks, etc.) Ironically, I don't collect school buses. I haven't found any that are "up to par". I only collect "replicas" not toys, so if it looks fake, I don't buy it.

Im with you man! No toys, just replicas. I have some Internationals, Sterlings, Freightliners. I like the Tonkin Replicas 1/53 scale, those are the best!

Go to Top of Page

03CV200
Top Member

United States
740 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2008 :  11:35:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit 03CV200's Homepage  Send 03CV200 an AOL message  Click to see 03CV200's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 08BBVision
Im with you man! No toys, just replicas. I have some Internationals, Sterlings, Freightliners. I like the Tonkin Replicas 1/53 scale, those are the best!

I'm partial to First Gear for 1/34th and 1/50th scale trucks, and I think Norscot makes the best construction equipment.

-Dave
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  1:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I collect mostly 1/87 scale vehicles, but some other sizes too. No particular manufacturer, if I see it, like it, and it is cheap, then I buy it, lol. Anyway, mostly it is police cars and buses.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000