SBC???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pbfreak30

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  5:39:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is the server down or something?? because i can not get on it on any computer.

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  5:40:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pbfreak30

is the server down or something?? because i can not get on it on any computer.

School Bus Central has obviously been taken down, most likely for repairs or updates to the site structure. Probably just temporary maitence.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  5:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh, i see. mybe adding more pics?

Go to Top of Page

bus724
Top Member

USA
1609 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  6:25:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit bus724's Homepage  Send bus724 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rich said he wasn't feeling well today, I'm sure the site will be back to normal in no time. Patience is a virtue.
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  8:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the First Student guy

There was 5 pictures downloaded today on his site of an Amtran and it was 5 blank pages.

Please refer to the bottom of this page:
http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17312

Edited by - Jake on 11/03/2007 8:32:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  10:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You all need to relax, seriously. I can't control what a server does, if it goes down temporarily just wait. SBC is a hobby of mine, unfortunately I don't have the time that I used to, as I work a demanding full time sales job, and have a busy personal life.

Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  12:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What kind of excuse is that? People pay good money to subscribe to that site, they should be getting top notch service! You can be such a jack-*** at times Richard!

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

bus724
Top Member

USA
1609 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  5:02:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit bus724's Homepage  Send bus724 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes, thomas86 a is right. I know you love your new web site but if you don't have the time for it, then why did you put so many things like the forums and the SBC shopping supplies. I loved your old site. If you can't do that much stuff, then don't do it.

You have got to be f-ing kidding me! It's obvious 86a was being sarcastic, but you act like Rich owes you something. I've been trying to be nice, but your arrogance has gone too far, Rich doesn't owe you anything and we should all be thankful that he's done as much work as he has for FREE to create a website for us to enjoy. If you don't like it, we're all waiting for you to make a free site as successful and popular as his.

Edited by - bus724 on 11/04/2007 5:03:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  5:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess some people don't appreciate the TIME and MONEY people like Rich put into things for others. The ignorance!

Regarding the original topic.. if you see the website down, just walk away from the computer and go enjoy an outside life for a little bit. It's only a website!!
Go to Top of Page

dem84skeeprollinup
Top Member

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  5:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Click to see dem84skeeprollinup's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah first student guy, I think you need some fresh air. If you want to help the site get back up and going, take some high quality sets of your local buses and submit them to SBC or even the school bus depot or school bus land, or the other great sites.

Do the world a favor and bring back GMC and Ford conventional chassis......

Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  6:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it should be quite clear that I was using sarcasm. People don't pay a subscription to the site, the site is FREE. When something online is FREE you really shouldn't complain about it! The people on these forums that run websites take a great deal of time taking pictures and putting them on the web for other people to enjoy. You have a lot of nerve telling someone not to do it.

Honestly there are a few people on this forum lately that I'd..... I'm not going to finish that, I'm supposed to conduct myself in at least a semi-professional way since I work for a school district!

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  6:52:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
School Bus Central is a highly professional and well organized website. Naturally, like any other website, it will have its down time. Richard spent God knows how much money as an investment into School Bus Central for us Bus Enthusiasts to enjoy it, so why don't we? I don't want to sound like a jerk, but in my humble opinion School Bus Central is a very good website, and just because its down for like 25 minutes shouldn't make you think different. Yahoo, Youtube, they all have their down times. Does that make us think different of them? Not really, so why let it make you think different of School Bus Central? I love my website, and I deticate a lot of time to it. Yes, it is down and no it isn't perfect, but I wish it could be. Until then, we got School Bus Central.

And not only is SBC, but School Bus Land ranks up their for me, and so does School Bus Enthusiast (Which, if I am not mistaken is pretty much done for). Ryans Bus Yard was also very memorble to me, I hated to see it leave, but I know Ryan has more importaint things to invest and deticate his time and money to.

I actually want to thank all the School Bus Photography Webmasters here, because without them we wouldn't have all the information and pictures of school buses for us to enjoy tonight. From the past webmasters, to the ones we have now. I appreciate your alls work and detication.

-Jake
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  05:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When I read the message that was in full (and literal) agreement with 86a's, I only knew one member could be making it. This forum has sunk to a new low if we have to start worrying about 86a's sarcasm being taken literally.
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  4:25:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I was not the one complaining that it was down. I was just pointing out a little problem and I was curious if anyone knew. Thank you Rich for your hard time spent into that web site, but I was saying you don't have to spend an arm and a leg to do some of the things for us. I love the photos you take, don't get me wrong. Maybe I said it wrong on the first post, but I wasn't going after you personally. I am not a person that sits inside all day, Plus, I am outside the whole afternoon trying to catch up on some construction work out in my bike track before the winter and I have been working a lot on my cousin's bus models for him, so don't think I sit here all day. PS- Way before "I was going after Rich" I was cicked off his website so I can't send him photo's. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't need to hear stories from you or Jake. What has been said in the past has been said, and if my site is not appreciated I honestly don't care. I put as much effort into it as I can, and I know I have people who do like it. No reason to come on here and make up BS.

Anyway, this will be my last post in this thread, so don't bother coming back trying to defend yourselfs, we all know your TRUE feelings!

Oh, and for the record, you were never banned from my forums, by either myself, or my moderators.

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  4:28:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rich

I don't need to hear stories from you or Jake.

I know I'm such a suckup
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  8:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, and for the record, you were never banned from my forums, by either myself, or my moderators.

quote:

I tried the first account, didn't work. I made another one, didn't work, and I tried logging onto those 2 again and didn't work.

Well apparently you can't read then... I have plenty of other members with no issue joining. Did you ever check your e-mail or e-mail spambox for verification?

Edited by - Rich on 11/06/2007 8:08:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  1:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 92WardSenatorFE

And not only is SBC, but School Bus Land ranks up their for me, and so does School Bus Enthusiast (Which, if I am not mistaken is pretty much done for).
-Jake

Perhaps I should be the judge as to whether my site is dead or not rather than you putting words into my mouth.

SBE is not dead, just on a vacation, a very very long vacation
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  6:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

10-4. When are you going to update again?

My GOD man, your asking to start a forum riot!!!!!!
quote:

Last update: May 28,2007
Next update: I don't know and please don't ask :-)

Edited by - Jake on 11/10/2007 6:14:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  7:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

10-4. When are you going to update again?

You never did learn how to read did you?
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  8:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So the next update is going to be up before Christmas right?

Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  10:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thomas86_a

Yes, but only to paid subscribers ;)]
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  12:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GMCBlueBird83

quote:
Originally posted by thomas86_a

Yes, but only to paid subscribers ;)]

Whats the monthly payment, -$5.00 a month?
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  6:15:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, now normaly I would not do this but this is something I havent seen before and I want to know if only I am having this issue. I apologize for bringing this old topic back.

I get this when trying to get on SBC:

: User 'schoolbu' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)
/home/schoolbu/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php

Edited by - Kodie on 12/07/2007 6:16:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  7:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am getting that too

Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  9:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fixed. They are migrating the site to an updated server so it may have occasional downtime. You guys are too fast!

Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2007 :  5:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not to anoy anyone but what is going on with SBC right now?

Notice: Undefined index: user in /home/schoolbu/public_html/mambots/system/SMF_header_include.php on line 112

Half of the web site is there but what is up with the rest?

The web host that school bus central and school bus land use is a pain in the you know what
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2007 :  8:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The website host has been upgrading their servers, which is resulting in various errors. I'm waiting for tech support now to fix the issue.

Idiots!

Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2007 :  10:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rich

The website host has been upgrading their servers, which is resulting in various errors. I'm waiting for tech support now to fix the issue.

Idiots!

LOL There hold time is about 2 hours! Good Luck with that
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  2:15:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Rich, I dont mean to complain, I am just wondering. Do you plan on switching all of the buses on the old site to the new site eventually? If not, are you going to leave the old site up so that those pictures and literature arent lost? Once again, I am not complaining, just wondering.

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  4:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lifestar Fe

Hey Rich, I dont mean to complain, I am just wondering. Do you plan on switching all of the buses on the old site to the new site eventually? If not, are you going to leave the old site up so that those pictures and literature arent lost? Once again, I am not complaining, just wondering.

He only has 1,000 photos to transfer... I'd love a new layout for my site (Which we may just have eventually ), but it takes a ton of time, detication, and effort. (And takes a lot of cussing at your computer for crashing when you haven't saved yet )
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  4:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lifestar Fe

Someday I do plan on moving all of the photos and literature from the old platform to the new, but right now I'm swamped with work and family affairs.

For those that don't know, all old photos and literature can be found at:

http://www.schoolbuscentral.com/gallery/index.htm

Go to Top of Page

Peter
Top Member

USA
1057 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  6:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rich, are you working at a Blue Bird dealer? I think that I remember reading that. What do you do there and how's it going... if you don't mind sharing?

Spicer is nicer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000