inPower
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  10:25:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have experience with inPower products used in school buses? I'm thinking specifically the warning light flashers, but if you have any knowledge about their other products, it might be good to hear. I have literature from them, and their product looks durable. Being a newcomer to the market, they might have a valuable new perspective that Weldon and Transpec do not, and this might contribute to their extremely attractive price!

That price concerns me though: $48 for an inPower 8-way flasher that meets the specs of a Weldon 7000, when those Weldons can cost near $90. What gives? If anyone happens to have experience with these little black flashers, I appreciate the input. I don't know how much longer I'll tolerate my Aeroflash flasher.

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  1:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Any information available online regarding these products? I'd like to know a little more about the company itself.

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  1:57:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.inpowerdirect.com

I didn't know about InPower until a family friend brought me (among other things) some brochures, owners manuals, and a CD from the company after he attended a trade show. Most of what I recieved are available in some form on the website.
Go to Top of Page

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  4:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have several buses in our fleet that are using the inPower SBF90 flashers and we haven't had any problems with them yet. We stock them for use as replacements for failed Weldon 7000 flashers. If you are replacing a 7000 flasher with a InPower SBF90, then the installation is a snap because all of the wires attach to the new unit in the same spot as on the old unit and everything is labeled, and the two mounting holes even line up. I usually just disconnect one wire at a time from old and attach to new, then remove the old unit and secure the new unit. I pulled the original 7000 flasher from an 11 year old Thomas conventional and dropped a SBF90 right into place in under five minutes and the bus was back up and running and what could be better than that.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000