School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Breaking News
 Enter Forum: Breaking News
 WI - Man Gets 10 Yrs For Death Of SBD; (4th DUI)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  08:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mar 30, 2007 1:36 pm US/Central

Oshkosh Man Gets 10 Years For Death Of Bus Driver
(AP) SHAWANO, WIs. An Oshkosh man convicted of driving drunk and killing a Bonduel school bus driver is sentenced to ten years in prison.

The victim's family urged a judge in Shawano County to give Roger Thomas a tough sentence because of his three prior drunken driving convictions.

Shirley Wians was returning from her granddaughter's birthday party on October 30th of 2005 when Thomas turned in front of her vehicle on Highway 117 south of Cecil.

Thomas told family members he was sorry for their loss and pain.

The 66-year-old man asked the judge to give him the opportunity to live the rest of his life outside prison.

Thomas earlier pleaded no contest to in January to homicide by intoxicate use of a vehicle.

(© 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. )

http://wfrv.com/topstories/local_story_089093642.html

william
Top Member

USA
1912 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  12:12:21 PM  Show Profile  Click to see william's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't know what the maximum sentence was that could have been imposed against this a**hole but if it's more than ten years, it makes me wonder how these stupid judges could reach such a high position.

William
Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  5:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking the same thing William. He took someone's life- a mom, a grandmother, daughter, school bus driver, and so much more and all this person gets is 10 years in jail? Maybe it was his age, he will be 76 when he gets out of jail...I just don't understand why they allowed him to drive after his 2nd DUI?
Go to Top of Page

bus917

United States
77 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  06:15:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is pretty common in WI. We have people driving who have had 5 plus DUI's.Think this is bad, you should read how they treat sex offenders in our state. One man sexually abused his step daughter for three years, beginning when she was 10 years old. the judge gave him one year in jail. We had a judge in my county a man who sexually abused a child no jail time and told him he a made a bad judgement call. this same judge gave a man with his 2nd DUI 5 plus years in jail.Figure that out. The system here is screwed up
Go to Top of Page

Mathewkey

1 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  01:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mathewkey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that should be the punishment for such a crime you cannot play with the life of others but still If one have been charged with a DUI you should seek legal help at once from DUI Lawyers
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000