Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 " check trans" light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

deminnick

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  01:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit deminnick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 03 Thomas build bus with a cummins isb 250 engine. It also has an allisoin 2000 transmission in it. The problem is the check transmission light is on in the vehicle. I added some fluid, bute to no avail, the light is still in. it does not show any fault codes but the vehucle will not shift! Any suggestions. I'm in the U.S.A.F currently deployed so contacting the dealer is out of the ?

jimbo20

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  06:54:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We do not have any isb's but had a similar problem with a 2000 trans
and a dt466e. Cleaning of plugs at trans,ecu,and tps solved this one for me.
Go to Top of Page

IC-CEiswhereiwannabe
Advanced Member

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  6:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uh Oh!!! Be careful. I've got a 2004 IC-CE 200 with an Allison 2000 and shortly after the check trans light came on, the transmission almost completley died. This vehicle had major issue with starting from a stop (with RPM's up in the 30,000's) and it couldn't go up any sort of a grade. We could hardly get it to the shop because it was a up the slightest of hills. It was like it was stuck in neutral and then kinda melted into drive. If I remember correctly it was a pretty penny to fix too.

Why can't U C what I C in IC?
Go to Top of Page

mlkdrives41
Top Member

USA
2055 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  6:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep. That is an expensive light to have on. Better have the tow truck number handy.

Nothing great has ever been accomplished without enthusiasm!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000