New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stevebus42
Advanced Member

USA
363 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2001 :  08:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I broke my left sholder last Mondayduring my pre trip inspection when I came around beside my bus and the one next to it as luck would have it the rear parking block in his stall was miss positioned and I manage to trip and fall flat on the sied of my head. I broke my glasses and got a big knot on the side of my head. It was dark.

So look around your bus yards a report unsafe coditions so some other poor driver will not have to suffer. Sometimes we get so wrapped up with student safety that we over look our own. I feel great now. But I would like to know that maybe my accident will keep someone else from repeating it.

Edited by - Stevebus42 on 12/16/2001 08:13:26 AM

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2001 :  10:38:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Know what you mean there Steve. WE re-striped one of our yards recently to gain some extrs parking spaces and three light poles ended up in the middle of the driveway instead of up next to the buses!!! Long story short, we removed the poles and added more lights at the perimeter to make up for those lost. We needed the added spaces due to growth and couldn't reconsider our decision. Those poles were an accident waiting to happen! Our drivers did a great job missing them while we arranged to have them removed!
Joe

Go to Top of Page

Stevebus42
Advanced Member

USA
363 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2001 :  06:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To mlkdrive41:

You have identified the problems. This is step one. Step two is to propose a solution and present it to management. Do your plan in writing. Verbal complaints are often lost.
Management knows that good dependable drivers are hard to replace even temporary.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000