School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Problem with 8 way's cancelling when door opens !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tlogantx

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2006 :  06:12:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 1991 Thomas Safe-T-Liner Church Bus with 8 ways powered by a Weldon 8 way system. There is no master switch on the bus but here is the problem I need help on please:

When you activiate the ambers everything is fine, then when you open the air controlled door, the red's activiate for only about 1-2 seconds and then automatically cancel leaving you with no ambers or reds. To get the reds to work you activate the system again which immediately turns on the reds since the door is still open.

Any idea of what is causing this? I also had an earlier problem where the stop sign was not staying out but that was a simple loose air line where there was not enough pressure to keep it extended.

Any and all help is appreciated.

ModMech
Top Member

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2006 :  3:43:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit ModMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Defective door switch or relay.

What is happening is that AS the door begins to open, the switch (or relay) signals the controller properly, but there is a point during which the controller is not signaled so it shuts off. When you depress the activation switch the controller automatically re-activates the reds just as it should because with the door completely open, it is getting the proper signal from the switch (relay).

If you want customer service, you NEED an International!
Go to Top of Page

deleon

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  05:16:12 AM  Show Profile  Send deleon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
is this bus a er,ef,mvp-er,or a allstar?

DeLeon Anderson
bus 20
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000