New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  6:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Gmc's arrived today! It is such a nice feeling to have some decent vehicles.
[URL=http://www.theimagehosting.com][/URL]

I traded in our 4 of our TC2000's and found a prince of a man at I-55 towing that hauled off old number 36, the bus left me and 35 kids stranded in Lousiville. I think this would be a good picture to put on a TC2000 brochure.
[URL=http://www.theimagehosting.com][/URL]
Cya 36!

Edited by - baptistbusman on 03/16/2006 6:23:19 PM

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  02:58:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank for sharing these new pictures. I hope you guys enjoy the Blue Bird GMC's!
Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  1:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They look really clean. Good luck with them.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  6:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great looking buses....I hope they serve you long and well.

PS: Stupid question for anyone....What is the proper name for the type of wheels that are on these buses? And what do they call the one-piece wheels?
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  6:53:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IC

PS: Stupid question for anyone....What is the proper name for the type of wheels that are on these buses? And what do they call the one-piece wheels?

Spoke, or Dayton wheels are what the wheels on his buses are.

At the moment I can't remember what one piece wheels are called
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  7:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Those Blue Birds have 366 gas engines in them? Nice!

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  7:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I noticed not only on your TC's but many others, why do some have the "bump out" on the front of the buses, and some are flat. Ours are flat.

bus 1980, a 2008 IC RE 300 for Fairfax County Public Schools, Fairfax, Virginia.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  9:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have heard the "one piece" wheels called many things. In the service books they are called "disc wheels." They are also called Hub Piloted wheels.

What do you mean by the "bump out?"

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  9:54:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IC-RE

I noticed not only on your TC's but many others, why do some have the "bump out" on the front of the buses, and some are flat. Ours are flat.

Different years, different designs.
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  10:17:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You'll notice the "bump out" on the 1991 Blue Bird TC/2000 FEs.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  10:20:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh I see. That bump out actually raises up like a hood. It gives access to the radiator, power steering fluid, and radiator surge tank. It was a neat idea I guess, trouble is that it's very hard to latch, and most times just dangles open. Also if you put on a winter front, you have to remove it partially to get the hood open. I'll try to get a picture of it opened up tomorrow.

The 89 tc's dont have the hood. There is only a small door that gives access to the radiator cap. The later model tc's have 2 doors i believe that open with the windsheild wipers attached to them.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Edited by - baptistbusman on 03/17/2006 10:22:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  07:52:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another dumb question: Are your buses used as school buses or church buses? I noticed they don't say school bus on the roof caps or have stop arms.

Church buses in Virginia, by law, must be painted a color other than yellow. Blue seems to be the most popular color. I guess laws vary a lot around these here United States!
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  3:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Buskid

quote:

You'll notice the "bump out" on the 1991 Blue Bird TC/2000 FEs.

We have 1991 TC's that don't have bump-outs. In our fleet we have 89, 90, 91, 92, and 94 Model TCs and all are completely flat on the front.

bus 1980, a 2008 IC RE 300 for Fairfax County Public Schools, Fairfax, Virginia.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  5:40:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IC

Another dumb question: Are your buses used as school buses or church buses? I noticed they don't say school bus on the roof caps or have stop arms.

Church buses in Virginia, by law, must be painted a color other than yellow. Blue seems to be the most popular color. I guess laws vary a lot around these here United States!

They are used as church buses. We use them however for all of our private schools sports and field trips. Most of our routes on sunday are over 100 miles long.

In missouri we can keep them yellow. We used to have them painted red and white. They looked awesome. But i still favor the yellow.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000