Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Ford 6.6 Engine info
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yager

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  12:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit yager's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all. I found this site some time ago and have been lurking since. This site is about the only one ive found to have anyone speek about the Ford 6.6/7.8 engines.

I'm looking for any advice, good or bad about maintaining this truck (engine) that I just got. I've heard lots of good comments along with a few "run it off a cliff while it still moves" comments rebuarding the 'brazilian bomb' engine... Anyway, It's a 92 with ~41k on it. Havn't really driven it much as im working on the back/deck, so I can't say to much about it at this point. I do have a Ford FSM (Factory Service Manual) but am mainly looking for other possible locations for items, in case any are needed now or down the road. I figure ford made a ton of these so there must be a supply of used parts out there...

Can places like NAPA or other good parts store help me with common stuff or will I be wasting my time?
Any good parts houses out there that might carry this older stock?
Anyone done a swap out of this engine to another more common engine ? (just thinking ahead :D )
Any tips / advice..?

Immediate plans are to get the oil tested and esablish some sort of base line...

Thanks for any help..

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  04:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check with Ford dealers for parts availability. They were just fair engines, in my opinion, made in Brazil, I believe. Filter, etc. should be available, but the "hard" parts like pumps, cylinder heads, etc. may be a bigger problem. Didn't hang around long due to emissions, and some reliability issues.
Joe

Joe
Land of the Free, because of the Brave!
Go to Top of Page

wsauer3481

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  2:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Send wsauer3481 an AOL message  Click to see wsauer3481's MSN Messenger address  Send wsauer3481 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
check with your local new holland tractor dealer for parts. they still carry many of the parts that ford does not
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000