New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  2:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The other day I had out our last Carpenter Bus, a 1991 model. I was just thinking about how lucky i have been that no one has broken any windows because Carpenter is out of business.

Then about 10 minuntes later, one of our kids comes running down the parking lot, acting goofy, and runs into the bottom window of the emergency door and cracks the glass.

Now my question is: is there anywhere that carries these windows? I know i can probably just pop out the old one and have a new piece cut at a glass shop, but i always prefer to just call in with a body number and have the part show up on my desk.

TC3000

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  2:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you happen to have any retired Carpenters from around that time period sitting around that will no longer be used, you may want to see about swapping the glass panes.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  3:43:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are lots of Carpenters around that have been wrecked or their owners just plain gave up on them and junked them.

Try Mike & B Sales in Newcomerstown, Ohio. 1-800-542-3148 Ask for Terril. Give him the month and year of the thing as well as the dimentions and I assure you he'll fix you right up!

If for some unkown reason he can't, then try TAC at 1-800-282-6969 or wwww.tacbusparts.com

Go to Top of Page

Doug

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  07:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took the window frame out and a glass shop can cut the glass out of a sheet of safety glass .
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  07:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look for a retired Carpenter bus of the same year and swap the glass.
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  08:34:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just ask South Carolina Departement of Transportation, they should have many Carpenters laying around!!!

Tyler Roys Weatherman and International Fan,

http://www.freewebs.com/thectschoolbusyard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000